Forum Discussion

YesItsMe
New Contributor
6 years ago

Error 2.1.2.7 FAR TOO OFTEN

I am constantly getting errors on recordings with code 2.1.2.7 and try later.  But, no matter how many times I try later, it NEVER works later - the recording is just plain gone.  Well, this time it was a series finale - this is so frustrating, especially with the hundreds that I pay monthly for cable and internet service.  I have had boxes replaced, rebooted, power off reboot with waiting several minutes between, etc. 

There are plenty of folks that have asked about this on different web pages, but the only response was 'reboot' and nothing else.  Is someone working on a fix for this pervasive problem?

2 Replies

• Hi YesItsMe, since signal metrics for your receiver are lower than the recommended range, I suggest a service call. My team can help you get a service call scheduled, if you like! Email us at cox.help@cox.com. Be sure to include your full name, address, and a link to this thread. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    yak
    Contributor III

I get the "try later" but trying later never works.  The numbers change but mine are mostly 2.1.2.6 or 2.1.2.1.   I called Cox and the signal is fine.  It got so frustrating that I would go to Recorded Shows and check after the show had been playing for 30 seconds.  At least I would know quickly that the recording had failed; but it was a lot of work.   One bit of good news:  since Cox did the channel lineup change recently, the number of "try later" failures has decreased a lot. You are correct that no one has found a workaround for this problem.  One forum member said that the DVR's are simple pieces of electronics; they are destined to have problems.... the only question is whether we can accept the problems or not. When I have posted this same question on this forum, few people have responded so I figured that the problem was not widespread...... or that no one had found an answer.