Forum Discussion

TonyofAZ
New Contributor
6 years ago

Playback Errors on my Rovi DVR starting today August 1, 2018

Today was the first time I got a playback error ("We're sorry this show is currently unavailable") on recorded DVR list programs.A month or so ago I returned my old DVR and swapped it for a another Explorer 8240 HDC. All of a sudden (today) I start getting playback errors. Searching the forum for other people that have had this problem are old at best (1 year or more).and  I didn't see anyone answer the questions on the old messages. I can erase the recorded shows but not play them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony Olson

3 Replies

• Hi TonyofAZ,

It's likely an issue with the receiver. I would recommend swapping out the receiver at your local Cox Retail store or scheduling a technician.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      TonyofAZ
      New Contributor

Still have the same errors the last two nights. Just had to erase the programs. We had a tech out in July. The DVR was rebooting itself and a number of problems (things I mentioned in this forum0. You folks directed me to cox.help.

I still don't know if it's a Cox problem or the DVR. We swapped out the DVR in June for a Rovi Cisco 9865HDC.

Today I went online and attempted to upgrade my Rovi to Contour. I went through the screens and saw that if a tech came out on installation it would be $70 fee. I stopped and backed out of it. I've been paying for a Cox Protection Plan for years. Why wouldn't that fee be paid by that?

I'd be happy with my Rovi DVR if it worked like it should.

My patience  is about shot 🙂

Thanks.

Tony Olson

TonyofAZ
      New Contributor

I got a Contour DVD. We'll see if that fixes things. I'm optimistic. Thanks for all the help.

Tony Olson