Forum Discussion

Fox
New Contributor
6 years ago

Lost Channels

Last week we had storms that created a 24 hour COX outage in parts of Fairfax, Va, Including Internet, TV, and telephone.

When all service was restored, there were a bunch of channels we could no longer receive, including CNN as one example, Would get error message stating 

“Sorry, the program is not available at the present time.”  A technician came to investigate and replaced our Contour box.This didn’t fix the problem. He did not check the green box in the front yard, nor any external wires.

We have had multiple box refreshes by Cox support and by myself. No luck. Very puzzled as to why only some channels, both regular and HD, are unavailable and not others.

Technician is coming back tomorrow and hopefully he will be qualified to check inside the green box.

Any input would be appreciated.

1 Reply

• Hi Fox,

Thanks for reaching out to us through Cox Forums. In reviewing the Contour box, I am showing signals that are not in the normal range which may be the reason you are getting the error message. The connections from the wall to the cable box should be finger-tight and secure. If there is a splitter in your connection, I would recommend bypassing the splitter temporarily to see if it assists. If you have an amplifier, make sure that the power is on and the Cox connection is secure. If this doesn't correct the problem, scheduling a technician to further investigate the issue is the next course of action so I'm glad to see that you have one scheduled. Please let us know if you need additional support after your service appointment.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator