Forum Discussion

OldMainframeGuy
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Contour 2 & Netflix

I have a Contour 2 box connected to a Samsung SmartTV and a Contour satellite box connected to an Insignia (Best Buy) TV.   When I watch Netflix via the satellite box on the Insignia TV, everything is fine.  Watching Netflix on the Samsung TV with Contour is not so great.  The sound is fine but the picture is jerky; it's like watching a video which has dropped frames.   Oddly, if on the Samsung TV I use it's built-in Netflix app and its WiFi connection, I have perfect results.   Is this a known issue, or is there something I can do to remedy this?  

Rob

7 Replies

• Hi OldMainframeGuy, are there any splitters on the coax cable that connects to the Samsung's Contour 2 receiver? It's possible that a signal issue is causing the picture issues you've described. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    OldMainframeGuy
    New Contributor III

Becky:  There's one splitter which divvys the signal between two TVs, an Internet router, and my phone modem.   When the phone modem was installed (this was before I got the Contour 2 boxes; about 6 months ago) the Cox tech meticulously replaced every coax connection in my condo and installed that splitter.   Again, it's only on the main Contour 2 box; the satellite box doesn't have this problem.   And, I don't have any other issues with the main Contour 2 box; just watching Netflix.

Rob

Becky
      Hi OldMainframeGuy, I asked about a splitter because the signal to each of your devices is slightly outside of our preferred specifications. If the splitter is outside your home, I suggest we schedule a service call so an on-site technician can replace the splitter and resolve any other the signal issues. If the splitter is internal, and you'd prefer to replace it on your own before scheduling a service call, that's fine, too. Even though we've had a handful of complaints regarding Netflix picture issues (via Contour 2), the starting point for each case is to ensure the signal level to the affected device(s) falls within our preferred range. My team can schedule a service call for you, if you like. Email your full name, address, and a link to this thread to cox.help@cox.com. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        OldMainframeGuy
        New Contributor III

Becky: The splitter is internal and it was installed by the Cox technician who installed my phone modem.   Formerly there was a different splitter and filters; he removed all of that.  Would Cox install a different splitter or some sort of signal booster?

Rob