Forum Discussion

matts6887
New Contributor II
6 years ago

suggessstions for cox video engineers

have some suggestions for the video engineers at cox: basically; i think you get to get in contact with the developers of the contour 2 system; and have them re-design the remote so that its like the previous version of contour i had the contour 1. I am tired of not having different device buttons and not having the ability to power off my set top box with the push of just 2 buttons. Also; they need to add the ability to specify a "power-on" channel like the older set-tops because amazingly; this contour 2 system does not have that option. and 3rd but not the last; u need to get the developer of the software for the guide for contour 2 to get a patch out or put a option in the settings menu that enables a person to sync the guide clock with the time on the set top so its always accurate because right now its not in sync with the guide on the contour 2 system.

5 Replies

• Hi Matts6887. Thanks for the additional suggestions. I have forwarded this post to our video product managers. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Just an FYI, the Contour 2 DVR Host is designed not to power off for two reasons. First, if you power the DVR off, it won't record any shows. 2nd, the Host provides the signal to the client boxes and needs to be powered on for that purpose. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      matts6887
      New Contributor II

This is not true. The contour 2 box I have records even with it powered off. And no it does not need to be on for the client boxes to work. I have 2 other client boxes that work just fine that way. So I hate to say it but u are mistaken 

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

contour 2 unlike contour 1 wasn't designed by cox, but comcast designed it so they would have change it

matts6887
      New Contributor II

How could it not be. The contour 2 boxes i have are made by Cisco.