Forum Discussion

Davidoff
New Contributor
6 years ago

Sort favorite channels

I have contour TV. How can I sort my favorite channels?

5 Replies

IntenseNV
    New Contributor II

i am now sure what you mean by "sort" - you can choose favorites from the guide button.  But due to a software change that is causing chaos for customers, if you favorite a channel in HD it will automatically also favorite the channel in standard definition.  This means your favorite channels function is NOW DOUBLED!!!  See my post on "software change on contour favorites function" 

ayanomich
      New Contributor

From what I see on my guide, all the HD channels which were four digit channels, were converted to one, two, or three digit channels, i.e., 1003 (NBC in Las Vegas) is now 3, 1030 (ESPN) is now 30, and 1200 (HBO) is now 200.  The favorites would have converted to the new channels and the four digit channels should not be on your guide, except for those four digit channels which do not have corresponding HD channels in one, two, or three digit...for example, OWN on channel 67 is not HD so 1067 remains as the HD channel...confusing for sure, but once you figure it out, you will see.

Davidoff
      New Contributor

My favorites are still the same. Only had HD channels in my favorites except a few that are not shown in HD at all. What I mean with "sort" is, that I would like to change the order the channels are saved in my favorites. I couldn't find anything in the settings about it. 

Davidoff
    New Contributor

Can someone maybe answer my question? Also, after the channel number change I am confused that all hbo channels have now 3 numbers except for hbo2 (1206),hbo zone (1207) and the hallmark drama channel (1368). Those channels are now on the end of my favorite list because of their numbers. 

Becky
      Hi Davidoff, as we move forward with the channel map optimization project, this issue should resolve itself. The changes will make it simpler to scroll through channels and avoid having to go to upper channels for HD. I believe the only option for sorting channels in the Favorites Guide view is by lowest to highest channel number. If anyone has found another way, please post! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator