Forum Discussion

gadgetgirl
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Activate app on firestick

I am trying to activate the ID app on my firestick. I enter the code and then select Cox as my provider then the next screen gives me ...” forbidden and a code. I can’t get past this screen to finish activation.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Gadgetgirl, I'm assuming you are referring to the "Fox Now" app per your other post. Is this correct? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      gadgetgirl
      New Contributor II

It’s the ID app. I don’t see where it makes any difference which app it is. If it’s a channel I pay Cox for I should be ale to activate the app. I just get the 403 error and never the login. Therefore I can’t use any of my Cox channels via my Firestick.

LisaH
        Hi. Did your firestick come preloaded with the WatchESPN app? If so, can you sign into it? - Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
    gadgetgirl
    New Contributor II

I am trying to activate the ID app on my firestick. I enter the code and then select Cox as my provider then the next screen gives me ...” 403 error ....access forbidden. . I can’t get past this screen to finish activation. Cox login never comes up.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Not Fire related, but I had that problem with Roku.  I wanted to stream a mini series from PBS and I got the forbidden messages.  PBS hated all the privacy settings on my browser:  Private Browsing, Tracking Protection, Do Not Track add-on, No Cookies ever, etc.  I temporarily disabled my settings, entered a new verification code and it worked.

It was kinda dumb because  I just re-enabled my settings.