Forum Discussion

chef06
New Contributor
6 years ago

What happened to $20 self install?

I was going to add Contour the other day but the site went down.  I was almost at check out including $20 self install for the HD receiver but when I go to sign up now there is only a $150 professional install that I can't get around.

I'm not going to pay for something that will take me 10 minutes to do myself.  What gives?

2 Replies

• Hi Chef06, our web administrators have been updating cox.com over the past few days. It's possible that this maintenance has impacted your attempt to change your services. In order to determine if self-install is an option for you, we will need to look up your address in our system. Rather than post personal information on this public forum, please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, address, and a link to this page. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

1.  You shouldn't do maintenance on live servers.
      2.  You shouldn't do maintenance on live servers processing customer orders.
      3.  You shouldn't do maintenance on live servers processing customer orders for multiple days.

This is why engineers created testbeds, scheduled outages and removable network cables.