Forum Discussion

3stooges
New Contributor II
6 years ago

We hate Contour 2, want our old Cable Box DVR back!

We have had Contour 2 for just about two weeks. We really hate it.

Our previous cable box we could easily hit one button to swap between two channels and it would buffer, we could hit the live button and it would go live, we had picture in picture, slow motion. If we've been watching a show for 15 or 20 minutes and decide to record it, if I hit the record button or go to the guide and hit record, it starts at that point. It doesn't go back to the beginning of the show. 

I could go on and on about other things but if Contour 2 I is supposed to be easier, it really misses the mark. Commands previously that took one push of a button, now take three or four pushes of buttons.  Possibly putting a manual inside the fancy box could be an option for those of us who don't immediately know how to do use something like this. I am a computer IT guy,  I know computer stuff in this box should not be that difficult. 

7 Replies

dbaseii
    New Contributor

I have to admit, I’ve changed my mind!  I’ve been messing a lot with contour 2, learning how to use it and I’ve decided, the good way outweighs the what I didn’t like. Now, I’m loving it. There is online help and also help given by the box... just saying, I’ve been having a lot of fun with Contour 2.  And I’m an old dog of 73...work with it and you might get to like it too. It’s a lot more powerful than Rovi was and I’m even finding the voice actuated part handy... (never thought I’d admit that!!! )

CarolLM
    Former Moderator
    Hi there, I'd like to review this a bit more. Please send us a private Facebook message, or a Twitter direct message or email us at cox.help@cox.com. I can understand it may take some time to get used to a new set-up, I'd like to see how we can best help you. -Thanks, Carol
      3stooges
      New Contributor II

I am still trying to find something positive to say about Contour 2. The Scientific Atlanta box would buffer the last channel so you could flip back to it. It had picture in picture. You could record specific days of a program. Wouldn't these be obvious things to bring forward to the new Contour box? If I would've known we were stepping back in technology, I would've put up with the occasional lockup or shut down during recording. This is crazy. Probably why AT&T is pushing so hard to bring Cox customers to them.

ChrisL
        Former Moderator
        @3stooges

I'll definitely be sure to pass your feedback along to our product team, thanks for sharing and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Chris
    Patchin
    New Contributor

I have to say that I agree completely. Contour 2 is a major downgrade from the original Contour 1 from Cox. I just got Contour a few days ago and it the far worse than Tivo or Contour 1. It actually makes me want to go find an option to cut the cable cord if this is how upgrades are going to work. I just found out tongiht that I cannot watch a show from the beginning wile it is recording if it is more than an hour into it. So I came home over an hour late for the hockey game and could not watch it from the beginning. I could only go an hour back. Awful product. I am glad I am not tied to a contract. I hope you are not locked in as there are a lot of other options out there and they are much better.

Patchin
      New Contributor

Forgot to mention that this is from a loyal customer of over 18 years. They like to bring that up whenever there is a call in for assistance. Horrible product. Run away if it is every recommended as an upgrade. Beg for older tech that works and makes sense if you are a new customer.