Forum Discussion

c0t0d0s0
New Contributor III
11 years ago
Solved

Bridging a network over the coax line

I have a DVR and a HD receiver with Whole Home service. The only problem is that my wife wants to redecorate and that will involve moving a server away from my router.

Now to the question: Both the DVR and the receiver have an unused ethernet port. Does anyone know if I can use these ports as a bridge to the MoCA network that is used for the whole home and also does anybody know of MoCA equipment that is compatible?

Thanks

• Well that is short sighted. Since I didn't hear back from anybody I decided to test it myself and it seems to work. The only catch is that the cable box has to be turned on to bridge the network connection.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    c0t0d0s0
    New Contributor III

Well that is short sighted. Since I didn't hear back from anybody I decided to test it myself and it seems to work. The only catch is that the cable box has to be turned on to bridge the network connection.

StephanieA
    Former Moderator

Hi c0t0d0s0,

I apologized for the delay. I'm glad you were able to test the setup and find a solution. This will definitely help someone else in the community in the furture.