Forum Discussion

sbm1971
New Contributor
6 years ago

billing for netflix

can someone put in a request that cox bills netflix on our bill if we want too something i like to be able to do also youtube and pandora  apps as well the reason i like to see netflix billed is if you you your debit card and no money you can not use netflix but when its on the bill its paid when you pay the cable bill sometimes i forget netflix why i do not know they bill me on and off payday then i have no Netflix 

thank you

may not help but just asking 

17 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you asking for Cox to pay for your Netflix subscription? If so, why you are at it, can you get them to pay my electric bill too? XD If not, it could be because I can't understand your post. You didn't use one single mark of punctuation, making it difficult to understand. Could you please correct?

• Hi Sbm1971,

Netflix billing through Cox will soon be available to some Contour 2 customers. Stay tuned for more details and the launch announcement!

ChrisL
        Former Moderator
        @Jtaccone No further updates are available at this time. Keep an eye on your monthly statement for any important service announcements. -Chris Forums Support Moderator
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Really? Why? Anyone that wants Netflix would have already had a subscription by now. Also, Netflix and ANY streaming service through Contour is going to be absolutely garbage IMO. Contour runs on cable boxes, which have low power CPU designed for basic stuff like the guide UI, not process heavy video decoding. Save yourself the trouble and buy a Roku, or better yet a Chromecast and stream from your PC. 

PS. Does Streaming Netflix on a cable box count against your same data cap? 

• All content viewed through the Netflix app on your Contour 2 receiver is streamed over the internet and counts toward your data usage.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the answer. Having it not count against the cap was the only reason I could think of to make the feature useful. Why pay Cox for Netflix when you can watch Netflix, either using the Netflix app or Contour app, just by paying Netflix? I wouldn't want my Netflix to stop if I had to move out of the Cox service area. I assume Cox is going to get a cut of any subscription for Netflix made through them?

sbm1971
    New Contributor
    UnhappyCustomer1 said:

Are you asking for Cox to pay for your Netflix subscription? If so, why you are at it, can you get them to pay my electric bill too? XD If not, it could be because I can't understand your post. You didn't use one single mark of punctuation, making it difficult to understand. Could you please correct?

its called 3rd party billing it for those of us who do not have debit cards attached to a checking account not everyone can get or wants a checking account not to come off rude or wants to have Netflix say come out in the middle of the month
      Tiffany
      New Contributor III

The less bills I have to remember to pay the better. I already combine bills with other companies for this reason. I hope this becomes available soon. 

jtaccone
    New Contributor

any updates yet to billing netflix to my cable tv bill

jtaccone
    New Contributor

any updates to when netflix can be billed to my cable tv bill

jtaccone
    New Contributor

i read i can but my box keeps asking for a credit card i guess not because it asking for a credit card as all ways i can not get a straight answer from customer service 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Jtaccone Currently, there are no updates customer will be notified when it becomes available thanks for your patience. Cox support moderator Jonathan J
        jtaccone
        New Contributor

Someone said its out at Netflix. And  because Netflix is tell us it is and that false advertising on there part? I called to subscribe they saw I had a Cox email told me I could call you and put it on my Cox cable bill after they asked me if I had contour 2.0. you need to have then pull off the website Cox billing info as its false advertising not a good thing for you to let them false advertise