Forum Discussion

FWB_customer
New Contributor
7 years ago

Problems with Contour 2 DVR

I'm on the second Contour 2 DVR box since it came out a couple months ago.  I swapped out the first one at the suggestion of tech support, having the issues I describe below, but the second box has the same issues.  I've had 2 technicians come to my house to check things out in person.  I've scheduled the DVR to record shows as "new episodes" only (no repeats) on HD preferred, however it still cues up old shows which aren't new.  Case in point: Chicago PD.  I've asked it to record "new only" and it will record the new episodes, however it also has scheduled to record 20 episodes which are reruns on channel 1340/Oxygen (Ft Walton Beach, FL area), starting at 5 am on Tuesday March 21 through 2 am on March 21.  If I check the info on on one of these reruns, it does not say "Repeat."  It's not classifed as either new or repeat as some shows are.

Another case in point: Tosh.O, and I've scheduled it to record "new only" and It has cued up to record 25 episodes on channel 1056/Comedy starting at 11 am on March 25 through 10:30 pm.  

This also happened with Ridiculousness where it cued up to record over 20 episodes of reruns.  I cancelled that recording altogether.   

If I leave this alone, the DVR will end up recording close to 60 reruns of the shows I want.   The technician who came to my house and saw this issue said he thinks it's a "glitch" that Cox will push an update on later to "hopefully fix this problem."  

Another issue I'm having with the new DVR box is that sometimes when I turn on "All Power" which will turn on my TV and I suppose wake up the DVR, is that there will not be a TV signal going to my TV.  It's just a screen on my TV which says "No Signal."  In this case I have to either reset the box (either go online and ask it to send a signal to reset, or unplug the power), or lately I've had to press the blue illuminated power button on the box to turn it off and then back on again for it to send the signal to my TV.  The technician said to set the power preferences to always on, as in do not go into power save, but that hasn't fixed the problem.  Along those lines, why have a power save option if I can't use it either?

Any thoughts or suggestions?  This is all very frustrating.  I like the new Contour 2, but I never had these issues with my previous Cox DVR.

18 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion