Forum Discussion

ScottChez
New Contributor
7 years ago

Cox On Demand is down for all Tivo Users- same issue as in 2017, server issue again

Search here for  "Cox On Demand is down for all Tivo Users Nation wide"

You will see that this thread from the same time last year is closed.

It has been a year ,  issue is happening again  Same error  V205

Last time the issue was on Cox Cables end and they needed to reboot the server and reload the On Demand list.

This time it looks to be corrupted the list only shows 2 channels from each Aplhabet Range.

The Error message says called Cox.   Tivo Tech support said this is a Cox issue.

Could we please get Cox to do the same fix they did a year ago?  I think you rebooted the server and forced the On Demand Catalog to re Synch.

Many are having this issue.

6 Replies

tvmaster
    New Contributor
    ScotChez, it appears our problems are the only ones Cox admins don't have answers for...have you heard anything? The Olympics only last two weeks - and all that material is inaccessible
  • ScottChez,

There's a known issue with On Demand in your area which is impacting multiple customers, not just TiVo subscribers. Teams are engaged and working to resolve the trouble.

• Hi ScottChez,

Can you please post a picture/screenshot of the folder list? If you encounter any problems posting the picture, please send an email to us at cox.help. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
    ScottChez
    New Contributor

For most it is the Thousands of Tivo Users trying to use Cox on Demand

There are a few normal Cox DVR users with the issue.  Just search the many threads here on the issue

Here is the old Thread from a year ago with the solution.  We need to Cox to Reboot their servers and re synch the One Demand Catalog please

http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/tv_forum/f/4/t/16709.aspx?pi256=5

CoxUser007
    New Contributor II

Same thing is happening to me on a TiVo premier. It is very frustrating. On demand works fine from the Cox contour box I have, but not on the TiVo with a cable card &tuning adapter.

CoxUser007
    New Contributor II

Same thing is happening to me on a TiVo premier. It is very frustrating. On demand works fine from the Cox contour box I have, but not on the TiVo with a cable card &tuning adapter.

Update: My issue was resolved via a service tech visit. The tech was not even informed by Cox during his weekly training meetings that TiVo could do On-Demand, however he was able to talk to the BackOffice folks and get things sorted. In my case, the OD4TIVO code was already on my account. Neither he nor I are exactly sure what the issue was, however we suspect it was due to my cable card not being paired properly. I’d suggest starting with that if anyone else has a similar issue.