Forum Discussion

Janice_A
New Contributor
7 years ago

Pandora is available through everyone I've had but Cox.

Pandora needs to be added to Contour. With such a high price, I should be able to download any streaming app I choose to my app screen. Music Choice is no choice. It's annoying to have commercials rammed into my music. That's not streaming, that's radio. Fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Replies

• Hi Janice A,

Thank you for reaching out to us through Cox Forums. We will share your comments with our Product Development Team.

James_Scott
    New Contributor II

Heh, every time I see someone ask about Pandora (which was included in Contour 1 and removed in Contour 2), a cox rep says they will share the comments with the product development team, but nothing happens.  How hard is it to have the app button, or will Pandora not give Cox any more money, so screw the Cox subscribers?  During the holidays, they can add a stupid holiday game, but no Pandora?!?

yak
    Contributor III

Jan, I have Pandora on my Contour 1.   I get the feeling that Cox doesn't see many customers using it.  it performs poorly.  I have posted 2 forum questions about Pandora problems and only one person responded. 

tonguetwister
    New Contributor III

If Pandora were to be added to Contour 2 I suspect that it would perform just as frustratingly slow and lethargic as does Netflix on Contour 2. I have it (Pandora) added as a channel on my Roku Ultra, where it responds equally as responsive as does Netflix (on a Roku). If you're that much a fan of Pandora *and* also happen to have a Roku or similar device (such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire or Chromecast) I would heartily recommend listening to it from that streaming device.

James_Scott
    New Contributor II

Maybe I was lucky, but Pandora works/worked equally well on my phone, computers, Rokus, Bluray players, etc.  It was just nice to have it a couple of buttons away vs. having to find other remotes to change to the appropriate inputs.  Correct, I don't need it on the box as I have multiple other ways to access the service (as I have multiple ways to access Netflix), it's just the fact that it was there and they took it away...