This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Contour 2 Remote - does not shut cable box off

Just installed a Contour 2 box, set up per design.

The remote turns on: Cable Box - Samsung TV - Bose Speaker.   Everything works fine.

When I go to shut it down, the remote shuts off:  Samsung TV and Bose - ONLY 

This leaves the cable box on.  I have reset the remote, I have swapped remotes and been on Live Chat with nothing to show. 

Can someone help me?

• @Powering off Contour 2 cable box

This link should help http://bit.ly/2tclf4t.

• Not sure that helps.  It does not program the remote to turn the cable box off, it just shuts the box off with 4 steps.

Is there no fix for this?  Seems crazy that the remote turns it on but not off.

Thanks for your reply.

BP

• Powering off Contour 2 cable box

It's important that the cable box and the other equipment are all in a reasonably close area when you shut everything off. If they are far away from each other when you press the power button there's a chance that everything won't shut off and on at the same time. If the equipment is all within a close range, you may need to stand a few feet back when you power everything off. You may also need to hold the power button down for another second or two.

StephanieS
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • To the original poster....are you talking about the fact when you push the power button to turn off your equipment, everything goes off, but the blue light on the Contour 2 stays on, and the unit still is making noise like it is running?  That is normal behavior.  I don't know how or why the Cox reps on here couldn't answer that for you.  

When you turn the power off the box actually stays on for a long time until it goes into power save mode.  I'm not sure why it does this....maybe it is still actively recording some of your recent channels in case you were to suddenly turn it back on.  I know it has that type of feature.  However, if you go into the settings, there is an option to change the power save mode time.  I changed mine to 1 hour, and one hour after I turn my box off the blue light will go out.  

• Well, I have a fiber optic line running into the cable box for sound.  Works great, however if the Bose senses an audio feed it turns on.   So, even if I set the power down to an hour, the cable box will still be on and the Bose will pick up the signal and turn on.

The only solution is to shut down everything by hitting the cable box's power button.   So 1990 of COX

Thanks for the reply