Forum Discussion

Joboujp
New Contributor
7 years ago

Contour 2 receiver not waking up properly

Hi,

Several time now, when I turn on the contour 2 receiver after It was completelly off (timer or manualy) for while (over night for exemple) the blue light comes on but the screen stays completely black. I have to manualy turn it back off and on again and then It really starts the live tv broadcasting.

any idea of what could be hapening ?

thank you.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello,

Is this happening with the main/dvr box or with a client box? Also, do you get any error messages?

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.

Joboujp
    New Contributor

Main DVR

No error message, just a dark screen.

• Have you tried changing the channel up or down manually when this happens to see if anything comes up? Also, does anything come up on the screen when first turning it on? I know sometimes you will see a "connecting to live TV" type of message when it is first loading up.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Joboujp
    New Contributor
    BrianM said:
    Have you tried changing the channel up or down manually when this happens to see if anything comes up? Also, does anything come up on the screen when first turning it on? I know sometimes you will see a "connecting to live TV" type of message when it is first loading up.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    The "connecting to live TV" is actually the message I see when It does start after I turned it off manually and restart it. When I first start it its just a black screen. Are there any buttons to change channels manually on a contour 2 DVR ? I don't think I've seen some.
    MarkM1
    Former Moderator

Joboujp,

The cable box does not have a channel up/down on it. We would like to have you try it on the remote to see if that works. Let us know if that works for you.