This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

3D movies no longer offered?

I can no longer find 3D movies on either HBO or Cox On Demand. Very very disappointing. Customer service agent was unaware of any changes.
  • Hello,

There is nothing wrong with your receiver. At this time there isn't any available content for 3D On Demand with Contour. I will share your feedback and interest in this feature.

• So let's see cox is charging me 336 a month now for less programming. I rented a lot of 3d movies + what HBO and stars offered. Is this the last nail between the internet problems and now this!

• It's no secret 3D is dead.  I understand you have the hardware for 3D, but you're limited to anything to be released on a 3D Blu-ray disc.  It's kinda like analog enthusiasts limited to anything to be released on vinyl.

You're still in luck, however, because all Blu-ray players released in 2017 still play 3D discs...but, in case you'll try to "future-proof" your set-up, 3D will not be available in the Ultra HD format.  If your TV, or new player, has Internet access, Vudu has 3D content at https://www.vudu.com/movies/#search/3d.  But, then again, you have Internet problems.

HBO, Starz and Cox pulling out of 3D were an economical choice because it required 2 channels.  If they offered a 3D version, they also had to offer a 2D version.  Also, the limited number of people watching their 3D channels didn't justify the costs.

• I was not told or made aware I’d be losing all my 3D services with Cox. Because of this I will be quitting cox and going to Directv