Forum Discussion

tonguetwister
New Contributor III
7 years ago

How to record more than 2 shows with Contour 2's Record 6 DVR?

Cox Ultimate subscriber here. I've been experiencing many recording conflicts and as a result have had to manually jigger shows at different broadcast times.

Current equipment consists of DAR/TG1682 Panoramic Gateway, GMX9865 (main) Contour box, and two MCXID01 (mini box).

If the info on this page https://www.cox.com/residential/education-center/tv/intro-new-contour.html is to be believed, The Record 6 DVR allows you to enjoy more of your favorite shows with the ability to record up to six shows at once. According to my Cox Profile, I'm already subscribed to the best bundle Cox offers online.

Cox' own marketing trumpets Contour 2's ability to do this, mirrored in an introductory email sent to me when opening the account in June of this year: Record up to 6 shows at once Now the whole family can record their favorite shows at once. Schedule a program, series, personality or sports team to record. Specify record options to end a recording late, record only new episodes or choose channel preferences (like HD).

About Your Record 6 DVR The Record 6 DVR includes six channel tuners. With this DVR, you can: • Record six programs simultaneously while watching one of those programs or a previously recorded program. • Record all six programs in HD or SD depending on your preference.

Sounds pretty straightforward and simple, no?

Via online searching I've uncovered that swapping out existing minis to the Pace XG2 boxes may be the fix I'm looking for. Could anyone here corroborate this? What I'd like to know is what specific hoops I'll be required to jump through in order to get what I perceive I'm paying for.

FWIW, I'm also a Cox Complete Care customer.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • It sounds like you are being billed for regular dvr service, which only allows for 2 recordings at a time. This is a little bit cheaper than the record 6 service and may have been part of the package that you subscribed to at the start of your Contour 2 service. We can take a look at your account and verify if that is the case. Please send our team an email at cox.help@cox.com with a link to this thread and your home address.

Brian
    Cox Support Forums Moderator