Forum Discussion

sahmat
New Contributor
7 years ago

One TV doesn't get all channels

We have 2 TVs with cable boxes.  The "main" TV gets all of the channels we paid for.  The secondary TV used to get all the channels too but within the last week has dropped some of the channels.  When I enter a channel it used to have, it doesn't go to that channel.  

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @sahmat

Please email full address and primary name on the account to cox.help@cox.com so we can take a look.

Sully734
    New Contributor

Having the same problem here.. what did they tell you?

ReneeG
    Former Moderator
    Hi Sully734,

We're happy to investigate this for you. Have you tried resetting the receiver by unplugging the power for 2 full minutes and then plug it back in to see if that helps? Please send your account details to cox.help@cox.com to allow us to check this from the office.

sahmat
    New Contributor

I tried the suggestion for you to remove power but that didn't work.  I'm sending the email.  

La23cat
    New Contributor

I have been having the same problem with my cable tv also. just found 1 of the 2 wont receive anything above chanel 100

sahmat
    New Contributor

Still trying to get resolution via email (I don't have time to sit on the phone with Cox).   Will post here if/when it is resolved.  

CarolLM
    Former Moderator

Hi, please send a private message via Facebook, a Twitter direct message, or an email to cox.help@cox.com.  Include your complete address, account name and the specifics of your concern.  We'll take a look to see what's going on.  Thanks 

sahmat
    New Contributor

I've been corresponding with Cox about this issue and the latest email stated that minis don't get all stations.  I know that isn't true since it did have all of the stations shortly after installation.  I'd appreciate working with someone at Cox that is willing to resolve this issue.  This is not acceptable.