This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

6-Tuner DVR

A Cox rep. told my dad this weekend that a new DVR would be available today (6/18/13) that would allow for 6 shows to be recorded from 1 DVR.  I was super excited!  But when I chatted with a rep. online just now, she said that such a thing did not exist.  :(

I'm tired of paying $200+ for just 2 shows at once.  I've been waiting to switch to Whole Home DVR, but I only have 1 TV right now. 

• It's coming, but they misquoted the launch date. The 6-tuner DVR, which you might hear called a lot of different names - "G8," "Cisco 9865," "6-tuner DVR," etc., but which we're now calling the "Record 6 DVR," should first launch on June 26 in Oklahoma City, Orange County, and Santa Barbara. Other markets will follow.

I'm sure more details will come soon, but I just got confirmation yesterday, and that's about all I feel comfortable saying right now. Wink

• KipK said:

It's coming, but they misquoted the launch date. The 6-tuner DVR, which you might hear called a lot of different names - "G8," "Cisco 9865," "6-tuner DVR," etc., but which we're now calling the "Record 6 DVR," should first launch on June 26 in Oklahoma City, Orange County, and Santa Barbara. Other markets will follow.

I'm sure more details will come soon, but I just got confirmation yesterday, and that's about all I feel comfortable saying right now. Wink

So, when is the new Trio version due to be pushed? This must occur prior to the new DVR release, no?

• Trio 2.1 was pushed out yesterday in some markets. We should get more information soon as to when other markets get it.

• how much more will it cost per month

• Willbeau said:

how much more will it cost per month

Don't forget, it's so much more than just a 6-tuner DVR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps11488/ps12334/ps12291/9800_multi-screen.pdf