Forum Discussion

bwilliamsdc
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

NBC Sports Live Extra agreement?

Starting in August, English Premier League soccer will be aired in the US through NBC's collection of networks.  A nice perk that they have is having all games available for viewing via an online service called NBC Sports Live Extra.  It's come to my attention that Cox is not one of the providers which has an agreement with NBC to make this available for their users. (http://epltalk.com/2013/04/16/nbc-announces-details-of-premier-league-coverage-plans-for-2013-14/

"If your TV provider isn’t one of the ones listed below that has an agreement with NBC Sports Live Extra — Comcast xFinity TV, Verizon FIOS, Cablevision or Suddenlink — you’ll need to contact them to urge them to add it before the season starts in August."

As Cox already carries the NBC Sports Network, Telemundo, and NBC free-to-air network I'm hoping that this issue will be something much more passable than whatever inaction there was to get beIN TV on board.

If this can't be rectified, I'm afraid there really won't be anything keeping me from going over to Verizon.  Frankly, positive customer service experience is the only thing keeping me loyal at this point.  So I hope there's some positive news on this. 

• BEST NEWS EVER FOR COX CUSTOMERS AND EPL FANS!

1) Cox is now a provider for the NBC Sports Live Extra App. I've already been on the app. Works perfect. Cox logo right there in list of providers. Throw in your user name and password and you're golden. Good to go.

ANNNDDD... (drum roll please - this one's a biggie)

2) Cox now also carries the Premiere League Extra Time overflow channels!!! Yes! So, in a nutshell. On both your TV and your tablet, you'll be able to watch all 380 EPL matches this coming season (You'll still need Fox for the Champions League, Europa League, and FA Cup matches).

Here's the confirmationhttp://www.multichannel.com/content/four-more-providers-join-nbcsns-premier-league-extra-time-roster/144868

We'll have to wait and see if the overflow channels will be shown in HD. *fingers crossed* - SD viewing is unbearable.

We now have the two vital key components to watch all 380 EPL games this coming season! We're set! Once again, fingers crossed for HD viewing over Premier League Extra Time overflow channels!

THANK YOU, COX COMMUNICATIONS! You guys came through! You listened to your loyal fan base, and scored us what we needed!

Hats off to you guys! Job well done!

Cheers! 

48 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion