Forum Discussion

there4igraham
New Contributor
12 years ago

BBC America in HD

Out of curiosity I checked the current offers for Cox TV service in the Omaha metro area. I was very disappointed to see BBC America HD on the channel lineup for Advanced TV. The reason I'm disappointed is because I pay for Advanced TV and I don't have BBC America HD. 

https://www.coxcableoffers.net/offers/customer/

We've been told that it's not available in our area. Either the sales info is wrong or our service is wrong.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • The confusion is why doesn't the sales information match the actual channel lineup?

If I was a new customer I'd be led to believe that the channel is available. Cox should change it's sales material to reflect the ACTUAL channels offered with that plan. If BBC America HD is listed but not available I wonder how many other channels are there that are not really available.

Very shabby.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

I was looking for materials that erroneously listed this channel as being available however I wasn't able to find any.  Do you have a link to a page that was listing it as an option?

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

Strangely enough when I select Nebraska Omaha isn't an option.  I may have to try by address.

• Yes, you do have to enter an address. When I type mine in and look at Advanced TV it lists BBC America HD. Here is a screenshot. I checked my TV and that channel is not there. Is there more than one Advanced TV service? I checked with support and they said that the channel is not available but I was wondering if I was a new customer would I be able to get it?

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

That helps a lot, I'll be sure to pass this feedback along.