Dodgers fans want their SportsNet LA!

Dodgers fans want their SportsNet LA!

TV Forum

Activity: 20 Replies | 4 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

When is Cox Cable going to get on board and offer Times Warner's SportsNet LA channel so we can see Dodgers games? All preseason games will be televised, beginning Feb. 26, but if Cox doesn't reach an agreement with TW, we fans in South Orange County will be shut out. Cox managed to come to agreement with TW to show Lakers games, let's make sure they do the same for the Dodgers. It's going to be a fantastic season and I, for one, don't want to miss a single pitch. C'mon Cox, get on the ball and get this done!

All Replies
  • Posted by True blue
    18 Mar 2014 11:04 PM

I was looking into getting Cox internet and phone package, i currently have your TV package, but when I learned there is no agreement to carry Dodgers games i will need to reconsider my options. If there isn't a deal by this time next month I will need to take my services elsewhere. Go Blue!!!!

• Posted by Domino
    19 Mar 2014 12:44 AM

True blue

I was looking into getting Cox internet and phone package, i currently have your TV package, but when I learned there is no agreement to carry Dodgers games i will need to reconsider my options. If there isn't a deal by this time next month I will need to take my services elsewhere. Go Blue!!!!

Like where? Nobody except TWC has agreed to carry this channel.

• Posted by Born2run52
    19 Mar 2014 1:29 AM

Here's a tip, True blue.... Sign up for the MLB Network and you can get Dodgers games, but on a delayed basis. MLB Network can't show live games in a home team's market area, but we will have access to those games in an area called "archived" games at approximately 90 minutes after each game is over. Hey, it's not the BEST way to watch games, but at least it's a way until Cox gets its head from out of you-know-where and agrees to carry SportsNet LA (like it eventually did for the Lakers' broadcasts). Yeah, I know Domino, you don't want to see this happen, evidently, but there are a lot of Dodgers fans in Orange County who do.

• Posted by ChrisL
    19 Mar 2014 6:53 AM
    @True Blue

I'll go ahead and submit a channel request for you.

-Chris

Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by Domino
    19 Mar 2014 2:27 PM

Born2run52

Here's a tip, True blue.... Sign up for the MLB Network and you can get Dodgers games, but on a delayed basis. MLB Network can't show live games in a home team's market area, but we will have access to those games in an area called "archived" games at approximately 90 minutes after each game is over. Hey, it's not the BEST way to watch games, but at least it's a way until Cox gets its head from out of you-know-where and agrees to carry SportsNet LA (like it eventually did for the Lakers' broadcasts). Yeah, I know Domino, you don't want to see this happen, evidently, but there are a lot of Dodgers fans in Orange County who do.

Hey, if TWC relents and permits "Sports Pak" or a la carte pricing, I have no problem. But if they continue to insist on placement in a basic tier, and charging Cox $5/month for ALL basic subscribers, I have a problem with that.