Dodgers fans want their SportsNet LA!

Dodgers fans want their SportsNet LA!

TV Forum

Activity: 20 Replies | 4 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

When is Cox Cable going to get on board and offer Times Warner's SportsNet LA channel so we can see Dodgers games? All preseason games will be televised, beginning Feb. 26, but if Cox doesn't reach an agreement with TW, we fans in South Orange County will be shut out. Cox managed to come to agreement with TW to show Lakers games, let's make sure they do the same for the Dodgers. It's going to be a fantastic season and I, for one, don't want to miss a single pitch. C'mon Cox, get on the ball and get this done!

All Replies
  • Posted by Domino
    11 Feb 2014 2:47 PM
    Born2run52: "When is Cox Cable going to get on board and offer Times Warner's SportsNet LA channel so we can see Dodgers games?" SportsNet LA doesn't even launch until February 25. As of now, there's nothing to offer.
  • Posted by clieb1
    11 Feb 2014 4:14 PM

Please Cox Make the deal .  I have the sports Package Just for Dodger games That used to be on Prime Ticket !!!. I guess I will cancel Package if theres no deal .

• Posted by ratinthekitchen
    11 Feb 2014 5:04 PM

(deleted) I answered my own question.

• Posted by ColleenD
    11 Feb 2014 10:18 PM
    Born2run52, 

I was able to locate your account and see that a channel request has already been submitted on your behalf. Our Programming Team reviews and evaluates each channel request received. Thank you for sharing your viewing interests with us. You can find announcements for new channels and other changes in the News From Cox section of your bill. 

ColleenD
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by ColleenD
    11 Feb 2014 10:26 PM
    clieb1, 

I've submitted a request for you. Have a great day!

ColleenD

• Posted by Born2run52
    11 Feb 2014 10:28 PM

Yes, Domino, I am well aware of the Dodgers' schedule. I just don't want Cox to wait till the last minute and we fans miss out on games -- even exhibition.

• Posted by Born2run52
    11 Feb 2014 10:31 PM

Hi ColleenD, please feel free to submit the same request for me every single day until Cox adds SportsNet LA. Thanks!

• Posted by ColleenD
    11 Feb 2014 11:34 PM
    Born2run52, 

I appreciate your enthusiasm for TW Sportsnet LA. To accurately determine the programming desires of our customers as a whole, channel requests are limited to one per account. Please keep in mind that requests are not the only factor used to determine if new programming is a good fit for our offerings. As a distributor of programming, one of our primary roles is to ensure our customers have access to video content a reasonable cost.

ColleenD

• Posted by Born2run52
    11 Feb 2014 11:47 PM

Well, I don't think I'm the only one who expects my local cable company to carry the cable station broadcasting one of our local professional baseball team's games. I don't want to make threats, but I wouldn't be surprised if a number of subscribers look elsewhere for their cable/satellite needs if this doesn't happen. Cox did it for the Lakers. I expect them to do it for the Dodgers.

• Posted by win4vin
    5 Mar 2014 12:12 AM

I've been a loyal Cox Customer for over 11 years but I've been a Dodger fan my entire life.  I just upgraded to the Contour system so I would really hate to have to switch to Dish or DirecTV if they make a deal with SportsNetLA before Cox does.  Since MLB.tv blacks out Dodgers games for the entire LA/OC area I would be forced to switch!

• Posted by ChrisL
    5 Mar 2014 8:05 AM
    I'll go ahead and submit your request as well.

-Chris

• Posted by kimbers
    5 Mar 2014 9:16 AM

Hi Colleen 

Please put in my request for the TW Sportsnet LA so I can watch all the Dodger games as well!

• Posted by ChrisL
    5 Mar 2014 12:03 PM
    Sure thing, I'll put that in for you.

-Chris

• Posted by Domino
    5 Mar 2014 2:19 PM

I wonder how many of the "customers" who are screaming for the Dodgers will also be screaming when Cox passes along the $5/month fee for this channel to its subscribers? I wonder how many non-baseball fans will be screaming when their rates go up as well?

• Posted by Demodave
    6 Mar 2014 11:49 AM

"I've been a loyal Cox Customer for over 11 years but I've been a Dodger fan my entire life.  I just upgraded to the Contour system so I would really hate to have to switch to Dish or DirecTV if they make a deal with SportsNetLA before Cox does.  Since MLB.tv blacks out Dodgers games for the entire LA/OC area I would be forced to switch!"

FYI...Dish Network has said that they have no plans to ever carry the channel because of the extreme price wanted.

http://goo.gl/kGo9ej

As of March 6, no other provider including Verizon FIOS, DirecTV, or Cox has signed up for the channel.  The cost of $5 per  every basic cable subscriber is absolutely ridiculous for a channel that will only carry one baseball team 24/7/365!  In comparison, ESPN charges just over $5 per subscriber and you get all the major sports.

TWC overspent for the Dodgers contract and now they expect everyone in the SoCal region to help them pay for the mistake.  Such BS.