Recording Issue with New 6-Tuner DVR

Recording Issue with New 6-Tuner DVR

TV Forum

Activity: 20 Replies | 6 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

At least once a week one show I record only records 1 minute.  I've seen this on Travel HD and A&E HD.  I've rebooted the DVR.  Is this a known bug?  Any workarounds?

All Replies
  • Posted by Domino
    28 Jul 2013 3:34 PM

Stamphead,

Is this in a standalone installation, or is it in a WHDVR wired (MoCa) installation?

• Posted by Stamphead
    28 Jul 2013 9:23 PM

WHDVR Installation

• Posted by StephanieA
    31 Jul 2013 4:51 PM

Hi Stamphead,

Can you verify the title, channel number, and time this happens? What options you have set for these shows in your series manager? Also, I suggest checking your scheduled recordings to make sure there are no conflicts.

Stephanie A
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

• Posted by Stamphead
    31 Jul 2013 8:22 PM

No conflicts, it's Travel HD channel 1060 at 5:30 p.m. Sunday and the show is Extreme Waterparks.  I have the series set to record new episodes only and one minute past the end time.

• Posted by Domino
    1 Aug 2013 12:29 AM

Stamphead

No conflicts, it's Travel HD channel 1060 at 5:30 p.m. Sunday and the show is Extreme Waterparks.  I have the series set to record new episodes only and one minute past the end time.

Hmm...you program it to record one minute past the end time, and it records for one minute. Coincidence? Try removing that 1-minute nonsense.

Have you tried just going into your guide and program your DVR to record just one episode?

• Posted by Stamphead
    1 Aug 2013 12:58 AM

I disagree with it being  nonsense since the DVR won't record the very end.  I will remove the one-minute and see what happens this Sunday.  Anyway, I've tried recording one episode.  Last week it failed, this week it worked.  It worked after calling Cox, perhaps L2 found something in the logs and corrected it.  I did have the same issue one time on A&EHD

• Posted by StephanieA
    4 Aug 2013 3:39 PM

I checked The Travel Channel’s website, I’m not seeing that show at 5:30 on Sundays. I’m not able to find it in my guide or on the schedule for The Travel Channel for July 28. Is this the date you had problems with?

Stephanie A
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

• Posted by Stamphead
    4 Aug 2013 11:22 PM

The problem is with the show Xtreme Waterparks on Travel HD channel 1060 at 5 p.m. PT Sunday nights.  It only records one minute.  I do not extend the recording by one minute.

• Posted by mkm1998
    5 Aug 2013 11:15 AM

Did it actually record for a full minute, or is that just what the DVR guide says? I've had the same problem where recordings would say they only recorded one minute, but when I try to play, it's more like a second or two at the most.

Most recently happened for Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney XD HD this past Sunday (8/4) at 11a.

• Posted by Stamphead
    13 Aug 2013 11:54 PM

Happened again tonight with HGTVHD at 7:30 p.m. and it only recorded a few seconds.  Can one of the moderators open a case or document a bug for a future bug fix?  Cox is willing to swap out the box but I think it's more software-related.

• Posted by Azpen
    14 Aug 2013 12:04 AM

I have had this open also and posted it in an going list of issues 

• Posted by Azpen
    14 Aug 2013 9:38 AM

Happen again last tonight on USAHD with covert affairs and Suits both recorded one minute while other recording at the same time where fine, I set up for the repeats at 12 and 1 am and then reset the box the recording where not on the DVR list this morning..... Why are we paying extra for a service that is not fully functional....

• Posted by Azpen
    14 Aug 2013 7:33 PM

And again... came home to two more tv shows with 0 or 1 min recorded.. yes the box was power cycled yesterday night... calling tech support yielded no help other than getting my account notated, This on going issue is becoming very upsetting to my entire family...

• Posted by Domino
    15 Aug 2013 12:13 AM

Azpen

And again... came home to two more tv shows with 0 or 1 min recorded.. yes the box was power cycled yesterday night... calling tech support yielded no help other than getting my account notated, This on going issue is becoming very upsetting to my entire family...

Do we yet have any reports from someone using the "Record 6" DVR in a non-WHDVR (no MoCa wiring) environment of these "it only recorded for 1-2 minutes" glitches, or have they all been in WHDVR installations?

• Posted by Azpen
    15 Aug 2013 12:25 AM

Domino

Azpen

Do we yet have any reports from someone using the "Record 6" DVR in a non-WHDVR (no MoCa wiring) environment of these "it only recorded for 1-2 minutes" glitches, or have they all been in WHDVR installations?

Yea me i think, Its the only box in my house no other TV's hooked up to cable a stand alone install