6-Tuner DVR

6-Tuner DVR

TV Forum

Activity: 62 Replies | 12 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

A Cox rep. told my dad this weekend that a new DVR would be available today (6/18/13) that would allow for 6 shows to be recorded from 1 DVR.  I was super excited!  But when I chatted with a rep. online just now, she said that such a thing did not exist.  :(

I'm tired of paying $200+ for just 2 shows at once.  I've been waiting to switch to Whole Home DVR, but I only have 1 TV right now. 

All Replies
  • Posted by KipK
    18 Jun 2013 9:43 PM

It's coming, but they misquoted the launch date. The 6-tuner DVR, which you might hear called a lot of different names - "G8," "Cisco 9865," "6-tuner DVR," etc., but which we're now calling the "Record 6 DVR," should first launch on June 26 in Oklahoma City, Orange County, and Santa Barbara. Other markets will follow.

I'm sure more details will come soon, but I just got confirmation yesterday, and that's about all I feel comfortable saying right now. Wink

--
    Kip K. - Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by Domino
    18 Jun 2013 11:37 PM

KipK

It's coming, but they misquoted the launch date. The 6-tuner DVR, which you might hear called a lot of different names - "G8," "Cisco 9865," "6-tuner DVR," etc., but which we're now calling the "Record 6 DVR," should first launch on June 26 in Oklahoma City, Orange County, and Santa Barbara. Other markets will follow.

I'm sure more details will come soon, but I just got confirmation yesterday, and that's about all I feel comfortable saying right now. Wink

So, when is the new Trio version due to be pushed? This must occur prior to the new DVR release, no?

• Posted by StephanieA
    19 Jun 2013 1:53 PM

Trio 2.1 was pushed out yesterday in some markets. We should get more information soon as to when other markets get it.

Stephanie A
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

• Posted by Willbeau
    20 Jun 2013 1:59 PM

how much more will it cost per month

• Posted by Domino
    20 Jun 2013 3:17 PM

Willbeau

Don't forget, it's so much more than just a 6-tuner DVR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps11488/ps12334/ps12291/9800_multi-screen.pdf

• Posted by KipK
    20 Jun 2013 3:47 PM

So the dates have been revised, and this is why I don't like quoting them. Stick out tongue

Trio 2.1 is now in final testing in Escondido (San Diego) and Palos Verdes and with some employees. It should then launch marketwide in Orange County, Palos Verdes, Santa Barbara, and Oklahoma City on 6/27.
    The Record 6 DVR then launches in Orange County, Palos Verdes, Santa Barbara, and Oklahoma City on 7/2.

And the biggest additional feature at launch will be a 2-terabyte hard drive, as opposed to the 1TB of the G7 DVR. I can't comment on anything else. Zip it!

--

• Posted by SomeComputer
    20 Jun 2013 7:15 PM

I live in Tulsa, OK...I'm guessing the OKC launch isn't going to help me any.  Am I right?

• Posted by KipK
    20 Jun 2013 7:27 PM

Tulsa is a separate market, but it should come shortly after the first group. At this point I don't want to give out too many dates since they've already been revised once. (Plus I'm always afraid to talk about future stuff, but unlike the speed increase notifications this didn't come with the usual "do not tell customers on pain of death" warning on it. Stick out tongue )

--

• Posted by Slikmar
    21 Jun 2013 12:54 PM

As someone living in OC, specifically mission viejo, this sounds great. Now, am I going to need to call my local place continuously or will there be an announcement so I can swap out my 2 auxillary boxes, keep my 2 signal box (that has 30+% recorded on it that I don't want to lose) and get the new one added in. I realize that what they usually want to do is give them to new customers.

• Posted by TiffanyR
    21 Jun 2013 1:18 PM

Hi Slikmar,

We will be sure to keep our customers in the loop when these exciting new products become available. We hope you stay tuned!

Tiffany R.

Tiffany R. 
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by lukespapa
    21 Jun 2013 5:59 PM

I have Cox for internet & phone only.  I have been waiting for this new '6 tuner' DVR prior to dumping Directv.  I hope it performs really well.  If rollout schedules become available, I trust that the mods on this site will give us a heads up.  I am in the New Orleans area.  Thanks and I am really looking forward to this DVR.

• Posted by jimminie
    23 Jun 2013 12:57 PM

I am told it should roll out in mid July.

• Posted by Azpen
    24 Jun 2013 11:59 AM

I was told today it maybe by the end of July, but they didn't know if would be a simple box swap or require a Pro install which i think it shouldn't , but any word on this ?   

• Posted by StephanieA
    24 Jun 2013 1:50 PM

You can enroll a preferred email address to receive notifications on Service Updates and Other Notices by clicking here. Once enrolled, you can stay up-to-date on new services available in your area. Smile

Stephanie A

• Posted by Domino
    25 Jun 2013 2:34 PM

Willbeau

Not much, according to a legal notice in today's San Diego paper:

"NOTICE Cox Communications announces the following change for our San Diego service area: effective on or after July 10 , 2013. Cox Communications California will soft launch a new DVR with additional recording and storage capacity at existing equipment rates ($8.50), with a DVR service fee of $14.99 for access to this additional functionality. A $10 fee will also apply when subscribing to the new DVR equipment and service. Customers can visit our website for details on how to order the new DVR service."