!063 MSNBC Missing

!063 MSNBC Missing

TV Forum

Activity: 16 Replies | 4 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

I can no longer tune into HD vchannel for MSNBC, only the standard def version in Phoenix AZ, I rebooted my TiVo and rebooted my tuning adapter- I still cant tune 1063 (or 112, or 1067...) HBO and my other channels work fine....

All Replies
  • Posted by bryaninphx
    12 Nov 2015 10:44 PM

Becky or another Cox rep could you look into this issue please, and get a expected resolution time.

This should be a known issue, I cannot believe it has not been fixed yet.

There are numerous parts of Peoria, Glendale, even Laveen, were the SDV Tuning Adapters are not working,  It is pretty wide spread in the Phoenix area.

Discussions Here:
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-local-hdtv-info-reception/451563-phoenix-az-hdtv-383.html#post38844257

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30413051-CATV-SDV-Channels

When I called Cox this morning for my relatives in Glendale, Cox said they were aware of the Tuning Adapter outages, and had techs working the issue.

I am not affected in SE Phoenix, I am on a different cable plant.

Phoenix, AZ - TiVo Bolt, Roamio Pro, XL4, Minis

• Posted by BrianNorthPHX
    12 Nov 2015 11:05 PM

I have been having a similar problem also in Phoenix (85023). I am missing the vast majority of my channels on my cablecard box. Cox phone support rebooted the TA and reset the cable card and it didn't do anything. Something is seriously wrong!

• Posted by Azlen
    12 Nov 2015 11:59 PM

I am having the same issue.  The tech who came today wasn't well trained in cable cards or tuning adapters and left with the tuning adapter box blinking and not working.  I've reported the issue in dslreports and avs but Bryan said we should post it here as well.  In Peoria, 85345.

• Posted by signcarver
    13 Nov 2015 12:18 AM

I also seen issues at my parents in Anthem (85086) and my Sister's place near 20th St and Bell (85022)... I am not sure if my parents was resolved... at one time it was but I think it went back to not authorized/no server for SDV.

A couple of weeks ago I had issues that also included the STBs but they seemed to freeze up, reboot and then SDV worked again and I was able to get the TA authorized for a couple more days.

• Posted by GWorkman
    13 Nov 2015 1:23 AM
    I have spent several frustrating hours on the phone with the cable card department and had some frustrated techs at my house for 3 hours. Have been missing channels since yesterday (Weds) morning. I'm told people will call back, but nobody does. Running 6 Tivos with CC and TAs. In Laveen, near 51st Ave and Southern.
  • Posted by DoubleDAZ
    13 Nov 2015 6:26 AM

I've had the same issue with all SDV channels for the past few days here in Peoria. Several people mentioned the problem on AVS and are now posting here hoping that someone will figure out that the problem is not a rash of tuning adapter failures, but something on the Cox end that is affecting several areas around Metro Phoenix. I can't imagine having a Cox tech at my house for 3 hours or more like some of you, all the while knowing the problem is not with any of my equipment or even Cox equipment on the street. How long does it take for techs and supervisors to figure out there is something wrong on the Cox end of things, not with customer equipment? While we record a few things on SDV channels, none of it is important, so this is only an inconvenience for us. I suspect others are not so understanding and are frustrated with not getting the service they are paying for.

Cheers, Dave
  • Posted by IshmaelAZ
    13 Nov 2015 8:13 AM

I have the same problem as well in Peoria (85383). Phone tech suggested new tuning adapter so I went to store at 59th Ave/Bell which was out and then 3rd St/Bell which was also out.  Both said they had a run on TAs yesterday.  I don't think it is really the TA at all. In the diagnostics page, it says the client is not authorized.

• Posted by gworkman7
    13 Nov 2015 9:32 AM
    DoubleDAZ

I've had the same issue with all SDV channels for the past few days here in Peoria. Several people mentioned the problem on AVS and are now posting here hoping that someone will figure out that the problem is not a rash of tuning adapter failures, but something on the Cox end that is affecting several areas around Metro Phoenix. I can't imagine having a Cox tech at my house for 3 hours or more like some of you, all the while knowing the problem is not with any of my equipment or even Cox equipment on the street. How long does it take for techs and supervisors to figure out there is something wrong on the Cox end of things, not with customer equipment? While we record a few things on SDV channels, none of it is important, so this is only an inconvenience for us. I suspect others are not so understanding and are frustrated with not getting the service they are paying for.

For me, the frustration level is quite high. I pay for premiums and NBA League Pass. I cannot tune to most premium channels and League Pass is not available. My wife enjoys Hallmark Movie Channel, it is not available. My disabled son watches only Boomerang...it is not available. This condition is simply unacceptable.
  • Posted by bryaninphx
    13 Nov 2015 10:00 AM

I figured Becky would pick this up right away. perhaps she is off.
    Would another Cox CSR please respond with any information you can obtain.

Those affected:
    Start sending emails to cox.help@cox.com with a link to this thread.

Include your Name, Address, Account # and the RF MAC Address of your Tuning Adapter.

Phoenix, AZ - TiVo Bolt, Roamio Pro, XL4, Minis

• Posted by gworkman7
    13 Nov 2015 11:13 AM
    Service has been restored. YAY :)
  • Posted by ColleenD
    13 Nov 2015 11:14 AM
    everyone, 

Hi! Becky is off today. I'm looking into this now. When did the issue start for each or you? -Colleen

ColleenD 
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by gworkman7
    13 Nov 2015 11:15 AM
    Colleen, The issue started on Wednesday morning. It appears the engineers fixed this about an hour ago. Thanks for jumping in.
  • Posted by DoubleDAZ
    13 Nov 2015 4:10 PM

Wow! I've been with Cox since we moved back to Phoenix in 1994 and this is a first. As a result of my post in this forum, I just received a call from a Cox rep to see if I was still having problems with the SDV channels or if they were resolved. I was very pleasantly surprised to say the least, so I thought I'd tip my hat to them here. :)

Cheers, Dave
  • Posted by carlos2
    13 Nov 2015 5:03 PM

Rolled two trucks to my house to address this problem. Changed out CC and TA with no resolution. I found the answer online and once I called the Cox cable card office they fixed the issue.

I did not appreciate being billed fifty-three dollars for a problem that was at the Cox head end.

• Posted by justJJ
    13 Nov 2015 6:39 PM

It is working again fo rme right now! Thanks to everyone here posting and emailing and calling- it worked I hope for everyone now.- if not, check again!