On Demand channels not working

On Demand channels not working

TV Forum

Activity: 14 Replies | 4 Subscribers

This question is still unresolved
Posted by

For the last week,  my on demand channels have not been working, I can look at my options, but when I go to play it, I get a error.... Your movie cannot be accessed at this time....  What is the problem?

All Replies
  • Posted by aceman
    29 Dec 2012 7:05 PM

I have been having issues since the recent software upgrade. Press On Demand and I get "Loading...Please wait." Or then I get the error message. When it has been working there is a lot of latency going through the menus.

They should change the name from "On Demand" to something else because it certainly is not "On Demand".

• Posted by OKCVLN
    29 Dec 2012 10:29 PM

Same problem last night & tonight.  After pausing our movie last night, it wouldn't resume.  Called Cox & they removed the charge for that movie + they're sending us a coupon for 2 free movies.  Doesn't help us now, but hopefully they'll work out the glitches.

• Posted by ChrisL
    2 Jan 2013 8:44 AM

It look like you're having some signal level problems with all of the equipment in your home.  It may be time to arrange for a technician to come out and troubleshoot further.

-Chris

Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Posted by colleen
    19 Jan 2013 5:59 AM

I have been haveing the same problem for 3 months, 4 techs have come out (2 this week) but still no on demand.  what gives? Wtf cox this is **!!!!

• Posted by ChrisL
    19 Jan 2013 6:58 AM

Are you having the issue with all boxes in your home?

-Chris

• Posted by colleen
    19 Jan 2013 12:50 PM

No just the upstairs boxes,  we have whole home dvr to. The boxs were balanced last visit (2 days ago) and all boxes were replaced the time before (1 week ago). They balanced the boxes due to one room upstairs not getting all the movie channels we pay for.

• Posted by ChrisL
    19 Jan 2013 1:16 PM

If it's not all the boxes having issues it sounds like an issue somewhere with the others was missed.  We may need to have another technician come out and investigate further.

-Chris

• Posted by colleen
    25 Jan 2013 7:20 AM

I was afraid that they had to come  out again its been 5 times they have been here since we got service here about 6 months ago.

• Posted by ChrisL
    25 Jan 2013 8:23 AM

I'm sure that must be very frustrating indeed.  However if it is working on one box and not the other that would eliminate any system issues.  Is the cable outlet in question fished through the wall by any chance?

-Chris

• Posted by colleen
    25 Jan 2013 7:58 PM

No the house has outlets when the house was built, these problems didint start untill this one tech messed with the upstairs outlet. Since then we have had nothing but problems.  Like I could only get channels 2 through 13  at one point.then my room wouldnt get showtim and epic but all the others were fine. And last to use ondemand we have to reboot the upstars box every time.

• Posted by ChrisL
    26 Jan 2013 6:37 AM

That sounds like it could be a wall fish setup,  This would be where outlets are preinstalled in the walls.  If signal levels aren't good at an outlet like this often the technician's only option is to run a new outlet however we would not be able to do a similar wall fish.

-Chris

• Posted by colleen
    27 Jan 2013 6:36 PM

I didnt give you the whole back story we lived in this house for 2 years and had cox service with no problem, we moved out to a newer home but I lost my job and had to move back to this home. Now ever since the second tech came out this problem with the upstairs rooms signals being wacky started.like I said one day the one upstairs room had no service at all and ondemand only works upstairs in both rooms after restarting the boxes,  its just strange after he removed these signal boosters he called them the problems started,  the next tech reinstalled the "boosters" and he did fix a lot of the problems,  but we still have these strange issues. 

• Posted by ColleenD
    19 Feb 2013 11:56 PM

colleen, 

Has this issue been resolved? if not I would be happy to look into it further to see what we can do. Repeat service issues can be very frustrating and I'd like the chance to help get this resolved for you. Can you please send an email to coxhelp@cox.com containing a copy of your original post, as well as your full name, the account holder's name (if different) and your service address?

Please include the subject of your post and your forum user name in the subject line of the email. 

Thanks for your patience! 

ColleenD

• Posted by Belle60
    16 Mar 2013 11:31 PM

We are having the same problem.  I just came back to Cox from Direct TV and let me tell you; as unhappy as I was with Direct TV, I'm ready to go back.  It's only been three weeks and I've had it.  I've tried twice to get onto the OnDemand channel and  I get the "Loading.....please wait" screen.  Then the tv goes back to the channel I was watching.  Each time, I call Cox and get the same story, "I'm sorry, can you hold so I can check your account, we need to reset the box so unplug it from the wall and it should be fine now."  And it is....until I change channels, turn off the television or try at another time to go back.  Then it's call Cox again and go thru the whole thing.  I mean, if this is something that's just going to happen when I want OnDemand, then tell. me........so at least I'll know there really is no On Demand...it's "When we feel like letting you watch it......"