Forum Discussion

Ann
New Contributor
12 years ago

Call Blocking

Isn't there a way to block specific callers/numbers via the Cox website? Can I see a list of the numbers I have blocked?  I know I can use my phone handset to block numbers, but I was sure I had gone to the Cox website and done this.  When I block calls using my phone handset, it still rings once, then it blocks it.  Thank you.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CoxHelp
    New Contributor II

Hello,

I am sorry your are having difficulties.  I hope this information helps. 

You are able to log in to the Cox Webstie and set up phone tools.  Phone tools will allow you to look at your call history.  As well phone tools does also offer some additional features.  However, phone tools does not give you the option of blocking phone numbers. 

Cox does offer a feature called Selective Call Rejection.  This feature keeps your from getting unwanted calls.  This feature allows you to program your phone to reject calls from any number you place in the rejection list.  This feature will allow you to hear the phone numbers that are on your list. 

I hope this information has helped you.  Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. 

Sharon

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Does Selective Call Rejection cost anything?  Why can't Cox create a call-block list within our accounts?  I receive calls from specific numbers I want to block.  I have no business association with these numbers but they consistently call me and won't stop.  The National Do Not Call Registry can't/won't stop them...so why not Cox?

For example; Citi Bank Card (11 times), Citi Credit Mkt (8 times), Brott J (6 times), Police Pro Fund (5 times), Reed M (3 times), Washington DC (2 times) and DSS RESEARCH (2 times).