Forum Discussion

cricket32
New Contributor
11 years ago

ZPDI charges

On my current bill I had two charges from a number in area code 757 that I don't recognize.  The charges were at $2.22/minute.

They were identified as "ZPDI Toll Charges" which were "billed in behalf of MCI".

I want to stop such billing.  We pay 5 cents a minute for our Cox long distance and have no idea as to how those charges occurred and how we can stop them in the future.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

"ZPDI® stands for Zero Plus Dialing, Inc.® The service providers that appear under the ZPDI bill page are for zero plus services that utilize an operator, such as inmate calls, third-party calls, collect calls, calls from payphones, and calls made with a calling card."

Did you receive a collect call from someone on a pay phone or from a correctional facility? That is the most likely cause. They are known to be very expensive, and don't have the best track record. See here for similar complaints. It is a legitimate company, as far as I know though, just one that kind of takes advantage of their situation.

If you want to block collect calls, have a authorized user contact Cox (via phone or moderator here), with PIN request it. The only thing is it will block all collect calls, not just from ZPDI. If you would like to contact ZPDI, their contact info is here.

• cricket32,

The purpose of the Cox Phone Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Digital Telephone services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.