This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Dial Tone

I am not getting a dial tone at my home.   I have checked and re-checked my phones and they are all connected and on the receiver.   When I call my house phone, I get a message that says the problem is a "telephone company facility problem".  My cell phone number shows up on our TV but the phones don't ring.

Is there a problem at Cox or is there something I need to check here in my home.

• LCDRRN, 

Please unplug all phones/fax machines/caller ID equipment and any other devices plugged in to the phone jacks in your home. Leave everything unplugged for 5 to 10 minutes.  After everything has been unplugged for 5 to 10 minutes, reconnect a corded telephone if you have one and check for dial tone.. If dial tone is restored, plug your phones back in to the jacks one at a time, checking each for dial tone as you go. If connecting a phone causes the dial tone to go out again, unplug it and move to the next device. This will help determine which phone or  jack may be contributing to the problem.

If these steps do not restore your phone service it may be necessary to schedule for a technician to visit your home, so let me know the outcome. 

• Do you have a Fax machine by any chance? If so, try unplugging the phone wire for a second.

• I am experiencing the same problem. I have been a cox bundle subscriber since 2004. Phone problem only started December 2013. Dial tone comes and goes. My wife was told by Cox personnel we have to change our phones. WHY?
  • I'm having the same problem. I have no phone service or internet. I called Cox and did the trouble shooting with them and still nothing. I even went to Cox and picked up a new modem to try to fix the problem. But it didn't. I did ask if there was a outage in the area and I was told no. Oh I do have tv service. 

• I am having the same problem!  The last phone call I got was on the 31st.  I tried unplugging the modem several times and nothing.  None of the phones have a tone and I don't have a fax.