Read the forum guidelines
As a Cox phone subscriber you can program your calls to ring at another number. Each time a call is forwarded your phone will make one short ring and it can still be used to make outgoing calls. Learn all about call forwarding features, including instructions on how to activate / deactivate these features, by reading our Call Forwarding support article.
This is just one of many phone features that Cox Customers have questions about. From Speed Dial to Caller ID Blocks to Voicemail options, there are lots of options that you can customize. We've put together a support article that lists our most popular digital telephone features, and makes it easy to get step-by-step instructions for each. Learn more by reading How to Use Phone Features.
I changed from Simply 5 LD plan with Solutions Feature Pkg to Premier Feature Pak today. Now, unable to pull up Call Forwarding Busy or No Answer on web site phone tools. Only options are to Forward All Calls or Forward Select Calls. No options for busy or no answer. The Forward No Answer is still on, though, I called cox home phone from a remote and after 7 or so rings, it transferred to my cell.. Your How to Use Phone Features only lists instructions for dialing-in to set up with PINs and # key, etc. I want to be able to again transfer no answer or busy calls to a secondary phone by using Cox web phone tools
I am also looking for a way to use Call Forward No Answer. I only want my calls to forward if I don't answer my home phone but it's not showing up as an option in Phone Tools, and when I try to use the *92 method I get a dialing error tone (the dial tone sound but a beep instead of a solid tone). Can you help?
I am sorry you are experiencing difficulties. I hope this answer will help you.
The first thing you can try is to unplug your phone from the wall jack and unplug phone from electrical outlet. This will allow your phone to reset. Sometimes this process will help when you are receiving an error tone on your phone.
Also here are the steps for Call Forwarding No Answer:
Call forwarding No Answer
Whenever you can't answer, forward your calls to somone who can. You can be sure that your calls won't go unanswered, even if you can't get to the phone. You can easily change the forwarding number. It even works when on another call.
To "turn on" the Service:
1. Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
2. Press *92.
3. Listen for the dial tone.
4. Then, dial the number where you want your calls forwarded. Enter the number exactly as if you are calling directly (7 - digit, 10 - digit or "1" plus the area code).
5. When the phone is answered, your Call Forwarding No Answer is in effect. If the line is bus, or there's no answer:
6 Hang up.
7. Within two minutes, repeat steps 1 - 4 above. You'll hear a confirmation tone to let you know your Call Forwarding No Answer is now working.
To "turn off" the Service:
1. Lift the handset and listen for dial tone.
2. Press *93
3. Listen for the confirmation tone, then hang up. Your Call Forwarding No Answer is now "off."
To change the "forward to" number:
1. Turn off Call Forwarding No Answer (see directions above).
2. Repeat the steps above to turn on Call Forwarding No Anser, entering the new "forward to" nubmer.
I hope these instructions help. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thank you for responding. I tried unplugging the phone cord and the power but I am still have the same problem.
I am using VOIP, with my phone service coming through my cable modem, and it occurs to me that perhaps that is the problem. Should the method you describe above work for a VOIP phone, and if not, is there an alternate process for call forward no answer for a VOIP phone?