Forum Discussion

LongTimeNOVAcus
New Contributor
5 years ago

Certain TV channels to lock up / won't load. Examples MASN2 135 and all HBO channels 1399-1313 will sometimes start after a short delay, but the freeze after about 1/2 second the go back to scrolling dots

Can a 'possible' area outage cause only certain TV channels to lock up / not load.  Examples MASN2 135 and all HBO channels 1399-1313 will sometimes start after a short delay, but the freeze after about 1/2 second the go back to scrolling dots (work in process) then to black.  Sometimes, they just go to the dots and stay there until 'blackout'

3 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, we do not detect any outages or known issues in your area at this time. Can you please check to ensure that all cables are tightly secured and free of damage? Also, if you have a splitter, I would recommend removing it and running the cable directly to the wall. Splitters can sometimes fail without warning or experience signal degradation over time, causing the symptoms you're currently experiencing. Here is some additional troubleshooting information that I hope you may find useful, http://bit.ly/2KCz3D6. Please feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com and include a link to this forum thread, should you need further assistance. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      LongTimeNOVAcus
      New Contributor

Just sent an email as follows...

All connections have been checked, had a technician visit Monday 15th April due to no TV signals getting through.  He had to re-initialize (nor just re-start) the ‘primary’ cable box to get the signal back (he said that should not have been necessary).  That box does not currently have a TV attached due to household renovations under way. However, cable and power are connected.

I get many channels without problem on the secondary TV still in use and can use NetFlix and OnDemand services.

I did have an on-line indication of a known outage in my area and signed up for text notification when it was resolved (I did not receive such notification).  This indication also warned not to try restarting the cable boxes as this could make the problem worse.

I have the extended in-house wiring coverage.

Do you have a solution for this partial loss of service?

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Our best course of action would be to send out a service technician for this issue. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator