This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Calls listing my number as the caller ID (ie. me calling me)

I have been plagued the last month or so, I have been receiving numerous calls listing me as the caller ID calling myself. I have reported this to COX during a live chat and a ticket (whatever that means) is supposedly opened. I then was asked to report all subsequent instances. I tried using live chat but it is ridiculously hard and time consuming to do so. They send a link so you can fill out a form, but the link doesn't always open. COX should have a nice email form where you could address issues sent in, or just ignore them as usual. Unfortunately I am in sort of a cellular dead zone so I need a land line so I am stuck with COX for now. 

Has anyone else received these calls with your number Spoofed? Have you had luck contacting COX? I am fed up!!!!!!

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Trstalgait,

Thank you for reaching out to us through Cox Forums. Current technology makes it easy for scammers to fake or "spoof" caller ID information. Scammers purchase lists of telephone numbers and use spoofing technology to trick potential victims into picking up the telephone. Under the current rules, telemarketers are required to display accurate caller ID information, but when a call is spoofed, the caller ID shows digits that are often someone else's information and in your case, your phone number. Customers that report this issue should keep a log of the date, time, name, and number displayed of the spoofed calls received. Availability for research is limited to the past 30 days.

Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com. Be sure to include this post, your full name, and complete address. We can check on the status of your ticket.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

Children