Forum Discussion

Twit
New Contributor
6 years ago

I can hear them, but they can't hear me

Since last week, when I call someone, I can hear them, but they can't hear me. Previously, everything was working fine.

Have already had 2 chat sessions and rebooted/reset the modem with no luck.

Anyone else have this problem? Potential solution? 

11 Replies

• Hi Twit,

Thanks for reaching out to us through Cox Forums. We can certainly investigate this issue. I understand that we’ve reset the modem, have you connected your phone directly into the back of the modem to test the line? If there is still an issue with being heard with a direct connection to the modem, we may need to schedule a technician to further investigate the issue.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      user123
      New Contributor

I have had the same issues....and its unpredictible....sometime its fine some other times happens all the time....happens on local calls as well but seems to happen more on calls to canada.  It usually happens after 5 or 10 minutes of a conversation.i cant do this anymore and very frustrating as i work from home  and need to use the phone for meetings. I have called cox and been troubleshooting on the phone but no solution! Its very very anoying and i am about to drop my landline as my cell phone is more dependable.

user123
        New Contributor

i neglected to say that this has been happening for several call and have complained multiple times and no solution. I want a technician to come and test my line and resolve the issue but i have been told until they experience this on the phone with me, that they cant send anyone! This is ridiculeous!

Twit
      New Contributor

The phone is connected directly to the back of the modem. Is there another way it can be connected?

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Ask Cox to send an in-house Cox tech or contract tech from another communications company to come and test your line and the Cox equipment at the pole with proper testing equipment.  I had a phone issue that was only solved after a faulty tap was replaced at the pole.