Forum Discussion

raysaun
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Simultaneous ring very inconsistent?

A couple of days ago  I noted that simultaneous ring  was now available in settings. So, I entered the number for my cell phone and nomorobo.  Since then, I noticed that most of the junk calls are getting through. I looked the numbers up in a browser and found nomorobo recognized several numbers as spamsters.  I also noted that my cellphone did not get the calls either. Since nomorobo has worked on several and my cell was not getting all the calls, it appears that it is simultaneous ring is working sporadically. Is anyone else having this problem?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Yes, I am finding that simultaneous ring does not always ring my cell phone. Whether it could possibly be that my cell service is out of ranget, I haven't yet determined. Cell service in Santa Barbara is spotty because there are too few cell towers.

raysaun
      New Contributor II

Even if your cell is out of range, your provider will get it and you will get a missed call notification when your cell is in range.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

An IP-based service works sporadically?  That doesn't sound right.  Whenever I do a speed test or play an online game, I consistently get optimum reliability.  I'm being sarcastic.  Nomo is an IP-based service and subject to packet loss in or outside the Cox network

raysaun
      New Contributor II

I think you missed the point Bruce, it is not Nomorobo. It appears to be the simultaneous ring that is not working since my cell phone is not getting the ring on those occasions..

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I used "Nomo" as a general term for the call-blocking process:  voice gateway, VoIP, SimRing, robocaller database, subscriber-reporting, intercept signals, etc).  It involves 2 IP-networks (Cox and Nomo) and with your cell phone, it's 3 different networks.

Since it sporadically works, it sometimes works so you've correctly configured it.  It could be SimRing failing but it could also be lost packets and certain endpoints (cell, Nomo, Cox gateway) configured to not recover any lost packets.  There are lots of factors to consider with SimRing being only one.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It's funny how the inculcated extol Nomo as unblemished and impeccable.