Forum Discussion

OnTheFence
New Contributor
6 years ago

Time is incorrect on both caller ID and on Voice Mail time stamp.

This has been going on for months and I'm finally notifying you. I guess I figured that the problem would be corrected on your end but that is obviously not going to happen unless I instigate it. 

Here's what has been happening. The caller ID time sent from Cox is 10 minutes BEHIND the current, correct time. And the voicemail timestamp is 3 hours AHEAD of the current, correct time.

For example: Tonight at 9:41PM, I called the house phone from  my cell phone and left a message on the voicemail..  When I checked the voice mail from the house  phone, I noticed that the time read 9:31PM on the house phone's digital display and the timestamp on the voicemail indicated that it was now 12:41AM.

Like I said, this has been going on for months. I even changed the time on the house phone's display to the correct time but the minute a call comes in, the time reverts back to the incorrect time.

I'll try to reset the modem and hopefully that will fix it. Fingers crossed. 

If there's something you can do on your end or if there's something I need to do on my end that I'm not doing, please let me know ASAP.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi OnTheFence, we're sorry for the inconveniences that may arise as a result of the incorrect time stamps. Are these timestamps incorrect in both the phone tools and Cox Voice App? To clarify, it's also incorrect when viewing the Call History, Caller ID and Voicemail? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator