Forum Discussion

stinkfoot63
Contributor II
6 years ago

Stopping spoofed number phone harassment.

I have been on the receiving end of eleven scam calls spoofing my number... nine of these have come in the last 24 hours.  This is deliberate harassment and there needs to be a way to find and stop these criminals.  I'm asking my "Friend in the Digital AgeĀ®" to assist in tracing each count of criminal harassment and stop whoever it is who is being so persistent in disrupting my peace.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Stinkfoot63, I feel your pain. I went through a similar situation a couple of years ago. "Rachel from Cardholder Services" called my cell phone several times a day. My Caller ID displayed either my own cell phone number or a spoofed number nearly identical to mine. I created a Contact on my cell phone for "Rachel" so I could keep track of her calls. I submitted a Federal Trade Commission complaint after every 10th call to report the date and time of each call and the Caller ID number displayed. After nearly a year of constant calls, they finally stopped. The FCC was able to locate the perpetrator and filed a lawsuit against the company. Cox has partnered with tools like Nomorobo to help deal with scams like these, but it takes input from everyone to bring these scammers to justice. To file an FTC report, go to www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ and click on "unwanted telemarketing, text, or spam" to begin. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator