Forum Discussion

Lily2
Contributor
6 years ago

Nomorobo Still Not Working

My nomorobo is still not working. Nomorobo has worked on it. They say everything is set up correctly. They told me to call Cox to reset the simultaneous ring because that seemed to be the issue. I did that. Cox says they reset it.   It is still not working.  Not a single call has been blocked this month.  What do i do now?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Lily2, I'd like you to turn the Simultaneous Ring feature off and back on using Phone Tools. Log into http://phonetools.cox.com with your Primary User ID and password. Click Settings to expand the drop down options, and toggle the Simultaneous Ring button to OFF. Then, toggle the Simultaneous Ring button to ON. Enter the number provided by Nomorobo into the phone number box and click the Add button. Then click the Save button. (To find your Nomorobo Number, log into your Nomorobo account at www.nomorobo.com and go to "Your Phones." Your Nomorobo Number will be Highlighted in yellow.) After adding and saving the Nomorobo number in the Simultaneous Ring section of Phone Tools, click "Test" next to your phone number on the Nomorobo "Your Phones" page. Choose "I'm ready. Call me now." See if the test is successful and if Nomorobo begins blocking calls. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Lily2
      Contributor

Yes, i have done this many times.  All is in order.  I got the verification call.  But not a single call has been blocked.

Lily2
      Contributor

Stephan from NOMOROBO has talked with Cox about this case.  I called Cox and they said they reset the simultaneous ring.  They may have but no calls are blocked.   Where do i go from here?  Again i have gone through the verification process many times.  It is working perfectly.  It just isn’t blocking calls

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Are the numbers supposed to be blocked?  Nomo can't block numbers if they're not in their database

Lily2
      Contributor

Yes. NOMOROBO has checked almost every unblocked number and report that it has been in their data base for a long time.

• I installed Nomorobo on 9/18/18 and it didn't block its first number until 2 days ago.  I have been doing searches on all new numbers that called and most of them were listed with Nomorobo but were ringing 3 to 4 times and showing as "Incoming" on my call history report with durations of 12-16 seconds.  The blocked call showed "Missed" with a zero duration, the same as numbers I've blocked through Cox, and tests I've done by calling my house from my cell phone and hanging up after the first ring.  After researching the numbers that should have been blocked, but weren't, I noticed the Nomorobo "Date Blocked" was always on or after the date the number called me.  Now I will always be clicking on the Nomorobo search result to see if it was blocked before or after the number called me.  This will give me accurate data to report. 

MasterMyDomain
      Contributor

The "Date Blocked" on the Nomorobo screen doesn't make sense.  On 10/31/18 a new number called and I did a search on it.  Nomorobo said it was blocked but it had rung 3 times when it called me.  It called again today, 11/12/18, and rang 3 times, and the Nomorobo site says it was blocked 11/13/18 (tomorrow) and the last call was 31 minutes ago.  This is for information purposes only - - I'm not expecting Cox to fix it;  however, Nomorobo isn't working as advertised.