Forum Discussion

Rob_H_
Contributor II
6 years ago

Caller ID timestamp is approximately 11 minutes slow

As of approximately 6:04 PM EDT on 10/22/2018 here in Hampton Roads, VA, the Caller ID timestamps are approximately 11 minutes slow.  I verified this with multiple calls using 2 autonomous caller id display systems.  What gives?

7 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Rob H.

Try rebooting the cable box and see if that helps.

Cox Moderator
    Jonathan J
      Rob_H_
      Contributor II

I was under the impression that the timestamp was sent along with the Caller ID info from the switch.  Is this not the case?

Rob_H_
    Contributor II

The same thing is occurring this afternoon.  The Cox switch is sending the wrong timestamp with the Caller ID info.  Cox Tech Support states they are aware of the problem.  I guess it's not a simple matter of periodically syncing with a trusted time standard. 

MariaL
      Hi Rob H.,

Please check the time display on your cordless telephones to verify the time is the current time. If the time is incorrect, a power cycle of the main base unit may help to correct this issue.

Maria L.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Rob_H_
        Contributor II

Thanks, but in my case, as previously stated, the timestamps are the same on 2 different autonomous caller id systems.  1 system consists of all handsets on the cordless phone system, while the second system is a standalone Caller ID display.  The time displayed for each received call is sent by your switch along with all Caller ID info for each call.

It is important that Cox get it right because most Cordless phone systems and Caller ID display systems derive the current time from the timestamps previously sent.  For example, our cordless phone system will show the current time on Daylight Savings Time after 2 AM this Sunday, Nov. 4th until we receive a phone call after 2 AM.  It will display 1 hour ahead all day Sunday until we get a phone call.  If we don't get a call Sunday, it will continue to display the time 1 hour ahead until we do.