Forum Discussion

Lily2
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Nomorobo set up and verified. No calls blocked

Please help. My Nomorobo is set up and verified by Nomorobo.  Everything is in order.  They have called to day it is enabled.  But it is NOT working.  Cox refuses all responsibility/.  I have to contact Nomorobo. I have done that 3 times. They say they will get back to me.  They havent. Everything is done correctly and that is verified by both  Cox and Nomorobo.  I am getting all my calls....10 just today.  I am at my wit’s end.  Please help.

• Read Becky's post above for the Cox page.  It's easy to find because she responded to you first.

43 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Lily2, first, verify that Simultaneous Ring is activated in Voice Tools. Log into your Cox.com account with your Primary Username, and then go to http://phonetools.cox.com. Click "Settings" to expand the options. If active, the button next to Simultaneous Ring will appear blue. If not yet active, the button will be gray. Once active, space is provided so you can add up to 3 phone numbers. Make sure your Nomorobo number (provided by Nomorobo when you create an account) is entered here, and then click Save. After you've completed those steps, go back to your Nomorobo Account (www.nomorobo.com/phone). Go to "Your Phones" and click "Test" next to your number. Then click "I'm ready. Call Me Now." You should immediately receive a call letting you know if everything is set up correctly. Wait until the third ring before answering the call. Do you receive the test call from Nomorobo successfully? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Lily2
      Contributor

Hi, Becky.  Yes, I have done all of this and checked it several times.  Simultaneous Ring is on, i have had the call back and they say my number is protected.   Cox did all of this as well.   They got the same thing.  This was set up and validated 4days ago.  I have rechecked it each day having nomorobo call me and validating that this  number is enabled,  it has been like this for four days.  BUT NO CALLS ARE BLOCKED?  I can’t figure it out.  Cox can’t figure it out (and now absolves itself of any responsibility).  Nomorobo ignores my messages.  It is set up correctly..  it does not block calls. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Are the numbers calling you in the  Nomo database?  You can lookup numbers on their website.

One of the problems with Nomo is spammers will use an unreported number once.  Meaning, nobody had previously reported the number to Nomo.  If the process works as advertised, a subscriber receiving the call...such as you...will report the number to Nomo.  If Nomo gets enough reports on the number, they'll add it to their block list.  The next time the number calls you, Nomo will block it,

If you're receiving repeat calls from the number, either nobody has reported it or not enough subscribers have reported it.  However, as I mentioned, the spammer are probably using a number once, switching to another unreported number and calling you again. 

There are 10 billion numbers for spammers to spoof.  Nomo can't block 'em all.

Lily2
      Contributor

No calls listed in Nomorobo. It is working just like it did before I installed Nomorobo.  Calls coming directly to me....same callers I've had for over a year.  My phone works exactly as it did before I installed Nomorobo.  It may be "enabled" but it is not blocking any calls here.

Lily2
        Contributor

Now I see all the calls that came in today are listed on nom so they are getting the calls. They are just not blocking them....and some should not be blocked., but all the callers are there.  Everything is set up.....I just don't know why all my calls are listed...robo and non robo but nothing was blocked. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Is your number listed as Protected on your Nomo account page?

I read the setup instructions and it's kinda vague how to initiate the Protected status.  It's step 7.  The previous step (6) instructed to test your phone from your Nomo account page...which you successfully did...but to let your phone ring 3 times.

"You will immediately receive a call letting you know if everything is setup correctly.  Please pick up the phone after the third ring."

I wonder why it's 3 rings?  Did you wait for 3 rings?  Then in Step-7, it reads (after waiting 3 rings), "Your number will now be listed as Protected."

Also, on your Nomo account page, is there an option to enable or disable Nomo?  That seems like an essential feature if you're waiting for a critical call from an unknown number and you don't want Nomo tinkering with anything.

Lily2
      Contributor

Yes, mine is shown as 'protected.'  It has shown that status for 4 days. I did wait for three rings and I have done that several times just in case something was missed.  Each time, the response is that Norobo is enabled on my phone.  And, yes, I can enable or disable it.   It is so frustrating because there is no reason why it should not be working.  Cox actually checked it, too, and found out that it was successfully enabled.  It just doesn't block calls.  

Becky
        Hi Lily2, if you haven't already done so, you might consider emailing the Nomorobo Support Team at info@nomorobo.com. Perhaps they will have an explanation or a solution. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Lily2
      Contributor

Is there any reason for me to keep Nomo on my computer if it isn't working? I don't know that I want the phone numbers of everyone who calls me listed there.  They are treating this as an active account with all calls being blocked.  The fact is no calls are being blocked so I'm wondering if it is better to just get rid of it.  I would wait a week or so to see if they ever respond to any of my messages, but, after that, should I keep it or dump it?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Read Becky's post above for the Cox page.  It's easy to find because she responded to you first.