Forum Discussion

Diverjerry
New Contributor
6 years ago

Voice mail not sending to GMAIL

My transcripts from Cox Voice Mail are not being received, or more accurately seldom received and it can take 12 - 18 hours.   Out of over 20 some tests, I got two in gmail and they were delayed by many hours.  When they are received, I get a ? mark in front of  the sender name put there by Gmail.  If you mouse over the ? mark, you see the following.   "Gmail couldn't verify coxmail.com actually sent this message ( and is not a spammer)"

If you click on the ? mark you get sent to a link that says  "Check if your Gmail message is authenticated"     https://support.google.com/mail/answer/180707?visit_id=636710781858943249-2443676893&p=email_auth&hl=en&rd=1

Now I tested with yahoo mail and I get a transcript right away.  I also tested with other folks that have gmail accounts and they didn't get a transcript either.  However all the Yahoo users did.  And Yahoo users got transcript withing a minute. 

Called cox and they were very helpful, gave them my password and they said my setup was right, they played around by turning off/on and reentering emails, still same results.  Even emailed me to test my gmail. 

Cox gave me a number and sent it on to someone else to look at. 

I think Cox is doing something that Gmail thinks is wrong in the header??  Wish they would just get it fixed. 

6 Replies

Diverjerry
    New Contributor

Just received another message left yesterday, took a look at some of the header and poster it below, notice how many seconds.  On Yahoo, it was delivered withing a minute.   Something in these gmail does not like, now who Cox or Gmail is messing up, I don't know. 

Created at: Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 7:56 PM (Delivered after 82733 seconds)
  • Hi Diverjerry,

We are aware of an issue affecting any customer who has a readable voicemail set up to go to a GMAIL account. GMAIL has enabled attachment scanning and can hold on to a message indefinitely until its scanned. It is not something Cox has control over.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Diverjerry
      New Contributor

Are you sure, this is why I ask.  I am able to send to Yahoo as already said.  I have a Yahoo email I seldom use, as I like Gmail better.  What works well with no problems is I have told Cox voice to send to both my Yahoo and Gmail accounts.  

I now have Gmail set up with POP3 to check my Yahoo mail every 30 minutes and pull over new mail into Gmail.  I tested this tonight and it pulls over the Cox voice mail transcripts and audio just fine, I can force it and get it right away or let it just do it's thing and get it.  There is no delays getting it to Yahoo and no delays pulling it into Gmail from Yahoo.

The problem is going directly from Cox to Gmail.  Most never get to Gmail and others take days.   There must be a difference in how POP3 is handled vs regular received mail???  I been out of this business too long to know, I retired from 38 years of IT work in 2004. 

scott_n
      New Contributor

This is amazing.. I've had an open ticket for 2 months complaining about this with Cox management and have been called a liar about it happening, proved it was happening then told multiple times they are fixing it. Finally, after 2 months they claim they called my house and told me since the phone wasn't answered and they closed the ticket. How is this possible since I HAVE COX VOICEMAIL active. More lies. Now I had to open a new ticket to start all over. And for the record, I'm not having the wav file attached to my emails so the claim that it's GMAIL's issue scanning attachments is completely false.   

MariaL
        Hi Scott N,

We would like to take a look at the status of your ticket. Please email our team with this post, your full name and complete address.

Maria L.
        Cox Support Forum Moderator