Forum Discussion

Rob_H_
Contributor II
6 years ago

Nomorobo now available in only a few select Cox markets

Nomorobo now lists Cox as a carrier for their service.  However, I subsequently signed up for Nomorobo only to find out that simultaneous ring is only available in a few select Cox markets.  Any idea when simultaneous ring will be available in the Hampton Roads, VA market?  Thanks.

26 Replies

Rob_H_
    Contributor II

It's now September and still no Nomorobo.  By now it seems rather clear why one of my phone service features is listed as "Nomore Robo" as opposed to "Nomorobo".   I suspect it wouldn't be prudent to list a trademarked feature that isn't really available to me.

DrJohn
    New Contributor II

Not available in Virginia so we still get 10's of irritating robo calls daily.  I'm poised to just drop Cox's Digital Phone Service given that the "service" has become quite a nuisance-- frankly, the company isn't all that tech savvy either,  rather backward on the tech front to be blunt.

Becky
      Hi DrJohn, I know robocalls are incredibly annoying. I get several every day! Please hang in with us a little while longer. Cox Voice and Nomorobo will be available in your area very soon. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        drewmcdan1
        New Contributor

Then why when looking to purchase Cox services in Northern VA , does Cox say it is part of the Phone features.   It is currently not.  This is as of a few minutes ago.  I am a current (probably headed to FIOS) Cox customer and have been annoyed about this.  I just went to Cox's sales site via a Virtualized instance and used a VPN to hide my COX IP.  The website (which I have captured screen shots) says this is a feature.   I wonder if the Fairfax county consumer protection agency and VA Attorney General  would like to know about this consumer abuse/fraud?

Becky

Hi DrJohn, your migration is also complete. Have you enabled Simultaneous Ring and activated Nomorobo yet? Using your Cox Primary User ID, log into http://phonetools.cox.com. Click "Settings" to expand the options, and then press the grey button next to "Simultaneous Ring" to turn it on. Add up to 3 phone numbers and click "Save". One of the numbers you add will be the number provided by Nomorobo when you sign up at http://www.nomorobo.com/signup. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

Rob_H_
    Contributor II

Well, it's now July 3rd, 2018 and still no Nomorobo on Cox here in Hampton Roads.  Meanwhile, the info on the Nomorobo website is misleading new potential Cox phone customers.  Ironic, when one considers that Nomorobo came about, in part, because of spoofing.  Go figure.

MarkM1
      Former Moderator
      Rob H.,

We have started the migration in your area now. It is going to take a little time to get everyone switched over to the new platform. Once it is done in your area, you will receive a bill message when this is going to happen in your area.

Mark M.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Rob_H_
        Contributor II

Mark M.:

Cox, a decades old, multi-billion dollar ISP, knows its network topology right down to the demarc at the customer prem.  Therefore, in a nutshell, the actual timetable for rollout is based on design, testing, commitment, acquisition and implementation.  By now, Cox should have a working migration timetable.  However, instead of sharing the actual timetable, we get these vague notices of "We're coming".  Well, so is Spring, eventually.

Rob_H_
    Contributor II

It's now August 2018; still waiting for Nomorobo and still waiting for the next telemarketer to get by our manually generated blacklist.

jtaccone
    New Contributor

thats funny it says my phone services have it but its not there false advertising as always 

Rob_H_
    Contributor II

It is now, October 2018.  We still don't have Nomorobo or "Nomore Robo".  We have had an eMTA for years.  UPDATE: I stand corrected.

Becky
      Hi Rob, it appears that technicians completed your migration to Cox Voice on 9/20/18. Using your Cox Primary User ID, log into http://phonetools.cox.com and see if you are able to activate Simultaneous Ring. Click "Settings" to expand the options, and then press the grey button next to "Simultaneous Ring" to turn it on. Add up to 3 phone numbers and click "Save". One of the numbers you add will be the number provided by Nomorobo when you sign up at http://www.nomorobo.com/signup. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Rob_H_
        Contributor II

At last, we have Nomorobo, not Nomore Robo!  I could have overlooked it before I posted.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I got the confirmation call that I had completed the setup.  Thank you, again.