Forum Discussion

Tbrokaw
New Contributor
6 years ago

added panoramic wifi now I have no working phone jacks

I just got the panoramic modem because I was sick of the horrible spotty coverage throughout my house. The modem is now located in my living room by my tv. I tried to use my fax machine and there is no dial tone. Is this really the case that only the jack on the modem works? I can't put my fax machine in my living room

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Tbrokaw, do you have a phone cord connecting the Tel 1 port on the back of your modem to a wall phone jack? This should provide a dial tone to all the other phone jacks in your home. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Tbrokaw
      New Contributor

Becky,

Thank you very much for your help. That fixed the problem.

Becky
        Excellent! Please let us know if we can assist with any future questions or issues. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      TBeezy
      New Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  It appears that about a month ago my phone stopped working. (I do not have a fax machine though)  I have the panoramic WiFi router.  I no longer have a dial tone.  When I plug the phone directly into Tel 1 on the router, there is a dial tone.  When I plug the line back into Tel 1 and plug my phone back into the wall jack I get nothing.    I called Cox and the dude sent some type of reset code to the router but it didn't work.  I've unplugged the router and plugged it back in many times.  Still nothing. Why is this not working all of a sudden?