Forum Discussion

Smitty2
New Contributor
7 years ago

Netgear AC1900 Wifi/Modem router

I bought a Netgear AC1900 Wifi/Modem router which is on the approved list of modems on Cox website but I noticed it doesn't have a phone port.  What are my options using this new router to get my phone working?  Is there a device/converter for it to hook up via ethernet port (it has 4 of them)?

4 Replies

• Hi Smitty2, are you referring to Cox Digital Telephone services, or to some other type of phone?
    Smitty2
    New Contributor

Yes I do have that service. I currently have a Cisco modem with a phone cord plugged into it from a jack on the wall.  This new Netgear router/modem which is on Cox's approved device list doesn't have a phone port so how can I get my Cox phone to work?  It does have 4 ethernet ports on it so wasn't sure if there was a way to plug into one of those ports?

• Smitty2

Please send an email to: cox.help@cox.com and include your full address and name so I can take a look. Typically you would need to have a modem from us called an EMTA in order to use our phone service. I'd like to take a look at your account and see what equipment you've got on your account.

StephanieS
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

cox supplies the phone modem  they are rented free unless you want the one with a wireless router