Forum Discussion

mamajones
New Contributor
7 years ago

Caller ID banner on TV not showing

We recently had some phone work done as our Cox digital phones stopped working several days ago (a short in some wires from pole and at the box outside the house was the culprit). Now the phones are working but the tech was not able to get the caller ID banner to return on my TV. We unplugged/plugged phone modem, refresh signal sent, turned service off/on, but no luck. I saw someone on this forum post something about Cox having to "recycle our occurrence" to get this feature working again. Does anyone know what this means/does it work? I plan to call when I get home about this but is this a telephone or cable issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies

ReneeG
    Former Moderator
    Hi mamajones,

We're happy to look into this matter for you. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com. Be sure to include your name, complete address, and your issue.

mamajones
    New Contributor
    ReneeG said:
    Hi mamajones,

We're happy to look into this matter for you. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com. Be sure to include your name, complete address, and your issue.

After being on the phone with Cox support for one hour last night, they're having to send someone out tomorrow to do some work on the box, which doesn't make sense, but we'll see.
  • mamajones

Please reach back out here and let us know how things worked out, I'm interested to know.

StephanieS
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    MeganSweet
    New Contributor

Hello,

I am having these same issues.  We have just signed up for new service and our number has not been ported over yet, could this be the problem??     The caller ID banner is not showing up, even with the temporary number I was given.  

Thanks in advance for your assistance

• Hi MeganSweet,

We can investigate this issue for you. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name and complete address.

AzRealtor
    New Contributor

Incoming phone calls are not showing up on my TV either.  This is a great feature.  I'd like the option to turn it on or off.  Especially while watching a wide screen full movie.

I hope Cox's comments in this thread completely resolve the problem.

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello AZRealtor,

Thank you for contacting Cox Social Media. We can take a look at the Tv Caller ID for your account. Please send an email with this forum link, your full name, and address cox.help@cox.com. We will reply back once we receive the email. Thanks