Forum Discussion

Andrew_Wees
Contributor III
7 years ago

emta that will handle 150MB PREMIERE plan?

what current emta will handle 150 premiere plan until the D3.1 emta model is available to all phone customers?

10 Replies

• Hi Andrew,

You may view a list of Cox Certified Cable Modems here: https://www.cox.com/residential/support/cox-certified-cable-modems.html

The Premier Internet is a Grandfathered plan, but the Arris TG2472 is an internet and telephone modem and used in all markets for Panoramic WiFi that supports up to Ultimate Internet.

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

DustinP said:
    Hi Andrew,

You may view a list of Cox Certified Cable Modems here: https://www.cox.com/residential/support/cox-certified-cable-modems.html

The Premier Internet is a Grandfathered plan, but the Arris TG2472 is an internet and telephone modem and used in all markets for Panoramic WiFi that supports up to Ultimate Internet.

Dustin is there any standalone emta that will handle the  Premier Internet speed without panoramic wifi since we already have a wireless router?

• Andrew Wees,

For any customer wanting to upgrade their modem I'd suggest a modem compatible with the tier up from their current subscription so you know you have some wiggle room as far as future speed increases go.

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

I'm looking for what standalone emta not modem will handle the premiere speed of 150MB that we are grandfathered into,  I want to make sure we get the right emta since we still have cox phone via the niu.  We don't need wireless.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Andrew Wees

The DPQ3212 would be adequate for this purpose. Planned for future release would be the TM3402 which is a DOCSIS 3.1 device.

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

Chris  is there any timeframe as to when the TM3402 being available to Omaha customers without gigablast since the DPQ3212 you mentioned is considered end of life?

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Andrew Wees

Not at this time although other markets have launched these for all tiers now so I'd say more sooner than later.

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

is there a hard cutoff date for the Omaha Niu removal?

I'm hoping we can wait until we can get the TM3402  

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

Andrew,

I have been using the Cisco DPQ3212 eMTA for a few years and have never run into issues with speed, I also have the 150Mbps Premier plan.

Bryan

• Hi Andrew,

NIU removals will continue throughout 2018. There are no "hard" cutoff dates at this time.