Forum Discussion

thedarkages
New Contributor
7 years ago

Robocalls and simultaneous ringing

I get robocalls and junk calls about six times as often as I get "real" calls. There are some solutions out there, e.g. Jolly Roger (www.jollyrogertelco.com/), but they require simultaneous ringing. I know for a fact (googling your documentation) that you have simultaneous ringing for your business customers, just not for your residential customers. Please port this feature over! I would pay good money for it. (Yes, you "answered" this question in 2016, but time has flown! Surely you have considered your anti-robocall options in the meantime? Well, they're not working.)

4 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @thedarkages

That feature similar to that will be available sometime this year it's called Simultaneous Ring. Provides better accessibility for the customer and enables them to filter out spam calls by using an external centralized database that keeps most current information on spam callers.

dave7
    New Contributor II

Is there a way to be notified when it's activated via e-mail? Thanks.

• @dm2000

We do not currently have a system in place for email notifications. However, we do send out announcements via the bill in the "News From Cox" section of the bill.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.

• It's a shame that your employer's policies persist in reflecting their complete disdain for the paying customers and a refusal to consider the value of communicating important information to them.  Is there an online "News From Cox" source that we can check periodically?  If not, add that to the list of reasons for us to not go paperless.

Allan said:

@dm2000

We do not currently have a system in place for email notifications. However, we do send out announcements via the bill in the "News From Cox" section of the bill.

Thanks,

Allan said:

@dm2000

Thanks,