Forum Discussion

Slurpee
New Contributor
13 years ago

Eliminate Length of the Message?

My complete disgust with Cox voicemail was only compounded by Cox's failure to notify customers about the voicemail outage and keep us abreast of the progress (or lack thereof) in fixing it.  But what annoys me on a day to day basis is having to hear then length (or "lenth" as the recorded voice seems to say) of every message.  Honestly, does anyone care how long their messages are?  Can't you get rid of that feature?  Trying to navigate the system to figure out how to get rid of it is utterly confusing and frustrating.  The system assumes a home customer is familiar with all kinds of technical voice mail terms, and frankly I can't seem to figure out which menu or which menu item I need.  

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    FKnight
    New Contributor

Slurpee,

I understand your frustration about this in general, but here is a solution that may assist you with the other issue of hearing the length of the message. You can disable that feature by following this answer from Voice Mail FAQs:

Can I turn off the automated message telling me the length of the voice mail? I don't want to hear that before playing the voice mail.

Yes. To turn off the duration message, follow these steps: 

• Choose Main Menu
    • Under Option 4 -Mailbox Settings, choose 0 for  Additional Options
    • then Option 5 - to work with how messages are played
    • then Option 3 - to work with message header
    • then Option 2 - to select which component of the message header
    • then Option 3 - to select duration information
    • then the option to turn duration information OFF

Let us know if this solved the problem.

CoxHelp
    New Contributor II

Hello,

I am terribly sorry for your frustration with our voice mail service. 

Let me see if i can help you resolve this issue.  Below I have listed the information on how to turn off the duration message.  However, when you turn this feature off you will no longer hear who the message is coming from - it will no longer give you the number the call was from.  .

Here is the information for turning off the duration

To turn off the duration message, follow these steps:

Choose Main Menu

Then Option 4 - Mailbox settings

Then option 5 - Message Play settings

Then option 3 - Voice Message Play

Then Option 2 - Select Header Component

Then Option 3 - Duration Into Off

Thank you.  Please let us know if you need any further assistance