Forum Discussion

sirrory
New Contributor
7 years ago

Has anyone even been able to get a phone upgrade because I give up.

Like many people on this forum I have received the letters telling me I have to update my phone otherwise my service will be cut off.  Even though I prefer to keep my current phone setup I reluctantly agreed to have the update.  Since then Cox has not shown up for three appointments in a row.  All have been scheduled for 3 to 5pm. 

The first time the contractor called at 5pm to say he couldn't make it.  He said he would call his dispatcher to reschedule and I never heard back from him.  I called Cox the next day to inquire and the phone rep apologized, said he would give me a bill credit for my inconvenience and reschedule the appointment.  Fine. 

Second appointment was a complete no call no show between 3 and 5pm.  At 6:30pm an out of state phone rep from Oklahoma calls to say they need to reschedule.  I ask to speak to a manager.  I'm transferred to a "supervisor", also out of state but now in Arizona who apologizes and wants to reschedule.  I ask for a bill credit for this missed appointment and ask him to check on my credit from the previous missed appointment.  He says there is no credit on record.  Nice.  He swears up and down he'll put through both credits and reschedules the appointment. 

Third appointment, today, No call no show...AGAIN.  I'm called after the fact by a call center in India this time to say the tech can't make it.  I say goodbye, call the local Cox number and get a rep who says the tech will be there by 5:30pm.  Fine.  I'm then called at 6:45pm by the tech to say he can't make it but he'll reschedule me for tomorrow.

I give up.  I taken time off from work three days now so Cox can install an upgrade I didn't ask for and don't want and they've failed to do me the courtesy to even show up to get it done.  That's without even going into my concerns about whether my alarm system will work if they ever show up to do the upgrade.  From what I've read here there's no guarantee an alarm will function after this update.  At this point I feel like it's time to start making phone calls to safeguard my family from this debacle in case Cox either cuts off my phone line because they've taken too long to make their update (they've been pressuring this and also saying the update won't be free for much longer) or Cox actually gets it done and cuts off my alarm system exposing my family to harm.

Long story short, this has been the worst and most mismanaged customer service experience I have ever had...ever...and even though the alternatives in town are few I'm finally considering them just because I can't deal with this low level of service anymore.  It would seem Cox has stretched their techs too thin and now we're left waiting at home appointment after appointment hoping maybe the fourth time's the charm.

1 Reply

StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Hi sirrory,

I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not what we want for our valued customers. Let me get this resolved once and for all. Please email us with the account details and a link to this post to cox.help@cox.com. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.